Greatest Cyclone Quarterback

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
What is optimistic about saying Wallace played a difficult schedule in 02? I don't think that's really even debatable.

yes to OU

edit: i see what you mean. "played better vs the competition"

then i agree for sure
I just have a hard time giving Seneca the nod for better schedule when it was in the B12 North. I suppose statistically from AP etc, but we play everyone now, it's not the same.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
I just have a hard time giving Seneca the nod for better schedule when it was in the B12 North. I suppose statistically from AP etc, but we play everyone now, it's not the same.

The big 12 north in the early 2000's was a juggernaut. K-State, Nebraska, Colorado and us were all really good. Mizzou wasn't bad. 2004-05 are a different story.

• Disagree
Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Agree with all except the Wallace difficult schedule part. 2002 was the most difficult schedule in the nation. I don't excuse them for losing to UConn, but they did find 2 wins over an 11 win and 9 win team

I guess you kind of have a point. Wallace was great, but once defenses figured out we didn't have a whole lot besides Wallace, the rest of the year became a nightmare.

cc1091

Oct 10, 2007
Minneapolis
Best "one hit wonder" QBs ever at ISU.
MOST of these played more than one game, but are best known for a particular game:
1. Kyle Kempt - 2017 at #3 Oklahoma
2. Jared Barnett - 2011 #2 Oklahoma State
3. Marv Seiler - 1992 #7 Nebraska
4. Jerome Tiller - 2009 at Nebraska

Kyle of course, went on to start the rest of the season and start the next season until injury.

Jared was always the guy they would start when Jantz couldn't go. Jared really had some good wins under his belt in that 2011 season. To me, I felt he was more consistent than the other options at QB, but had obvious weaknesses too.

Marv. A true one hit wonder who will live in infamy. Arguably should be at the top of the list?

Tiller - In this game, he did what the coaches told him to do: Don't loose yards, run the plays we send in, leave the turnovers to Nebraska. Make that one throw when we send it in.

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
Dave Hoppmann. Led the nation in total offense in 1961. A different era, but the guy was pretty good, from the YouTube films I've watched. George Amundsen was pretty good too, played tailback one year and quarterback the next.

From Wikipedia:

The football field is where Amundson truly excelled and gained most of his recognition. George was recruited as a quarterback but had to play tailback his junior season due to several injuries on the team. He led the Cyclones to their first ever bowl berth in the 1971 Sun Bowl. That season he rushed for a then-record 1,260 yards and 15 touchdowns. His senior season he was able to switch back to his natural position of quarter back where he became the first Cyclone to top 2,000 yards of total offense in a season. His 2,387 yards set a Big Eight Conference mark and earned him Big Eight Player of the Year honors, beating out Nebraska's Heisman Trophy winner Johnny Rodgers.

Help Support Us

Become a patron