Super-Dog

FarmClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 3, 2009
I had at least one super dog a week for about a year, never sober when I ate one. Then I had one sober and I never ate one again. After that I started going to the fajita man (RIP his business, not him) and never looked back. Always thought he was way underrated and the line was 1/4 as long.

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
What is? Everything is better with booze. dancing, sex, food, tailgates.
I made my version of a super dog a couple months ago, missing the special sauce and I had a different garlic thing, but it was still good

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Agree. I always thought super dogs were my least favorite drunk food in campus town. Fighting (or flying) burrito, the gyro man, Jimmy Johns, Jeff’s Pizza, Estas tacos were all better options.

You're missing the best option out of all those....

Mr.Burrito

bsaltyman

Drinker of Ames Lager
SuperFanatic
Sep 20, 2012
Ames, IA

Mr.Burrito

I’ve actually never had it. Of course I don’t really get drunk in campus town anymore... maybe I should make my summer goal to do a drunk power ranking of campus food joints. I’m sure that will fly with the wife lol.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Super dogs suck even when drunk. Don’t @ me
tenor.gif

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Man, its been awhile since ive had a superdog. Need to make my way back up to that one of these days (after some drinks at WAS, of course)

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Man, its been awhile since ive had a superdog. Need to make my way back up to that one of these days (after some drinks at WAS, of course)
If you're going to WAS you best be getting inferno wings

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
I have also never been sober when I had a super dog, but I love them. I'm pretty sure I don't care for half of the ingredients, if they were by themselves, but something about all of that stuff together was the absolute perfect storm of ingredients.

Alcohol+Any ingredients =perfect storm of ingredients

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Agree. I always thought super dogs were my least favorite drunk food in campus town. Fighting (or flying) burrito, the gyro man, Jimmy Johns, Jeff’s Pizza, Estas tacos were all better options.

I agree. Actually never had a super dog in campus town, only when they setup in the student lot for tailgating. I dont think they have done that in years though

cb1030

Oct 6, 2017
Thank you for this thread! I honestly hadn't even thought about a super dog in years. Definitely have some memories standing in line on cold nights after leaving the bars waiting for a super dog. For every one of those memories there's probably an equal number of nights I can't remember at all.

I think I might need to make a pilgrimage once my wife isn't pregnant and can drink again. That would be the ultimate romantic gesture. Don't judge our relationship.

• Funny
Reactions: BuffettClone

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Thank you for this thread! I honestly hadn't even thought about a super dog in years. Definitely have some memories standing in line on cold nights after leaving the bars waiting for a super dog. For every one of those memories there's probably an equal number of nights I can't remember at all.

I think I might need to make a pilgrimage once my wife isn't pregnant and can drink again. That would be the ultimate romantic gesture. Don't judge our relationship.

I tried to get the wife on board with this for our honeymoon, she wasn't into it, I'm still working on her

https://www.onlyinyourstate.com/connecticut/hot-dog-tour-ct/

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011

Mr.Burrito

We're just going to pretend like Pita Pit wasn't the best option before it closed because the owner was selling drugs there?

• Informative
Reactions: discydisc