Xavier Foster Committed To Iowa State

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
They could call half of them on a guy like that and get many. Hell Udoka got called for two shove offs the other night. IN the Phog even.

"If you don't cheat, you look like an idiot. If you do it and you don't get caught, you look like a hero. If you do it and get caught, you look like a dope. Put me in the category where I belong." ~Darrell Waltrip

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
The video of Zion Williamson and Tre Jones goofing on Xavier breaking a backboard is all I got going for me.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Some Iowa fans are talking Fran is much better at developing front court players, like Garza, than Prohm.

Most of the broadcasts credit Luka's dad for his physical development over the summer. If it was Fran's strength coach that did it, why didn't he do the same for the rest of the team?

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Yeah it's too bad Prohm doesn't teach his posts to shove their way around to get layups.

Garza looks like he's come a long ways but even the other night he was still falling all over the place and his ability to do what he does offensively without getting multiple offensive fouls called a game is amazing.

Garza has came a long way because of Garza. Dude works his ass off in the off season. Not because of Fran being a great coach. Now Fran might have motivated him but from everything I have read on Garza is sounds like he works hard on his craft. Even though he still looks like he should be a butler.

GetAwesome

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 29, 2010
Cedar Falls, IA
Here’s video of his game tonight... hmm.

I’ll admit my bias in that I find high school basketball quite boring, and I'm probably a bit overly anxious to see some shining beacons of hope for next season, but that game at 1.5x playback speed and skipping past all commercial breaks and timeouts was about 15 minutes of my life I need back.

For someone clearly physically advantaged over his competition Xavier sure didn’t try much, like not much at all. Granted that game was kinda a gimme, and perhaps his mind is already set on getting to campus, but that kind of disinterested approach is not a look that instills heaps of confidence.

UPDATE: Hah, I didn't realize that was the final game of the regular season and Oskaloosa is only 8-13. Ouch. I would be probably be a bit disinterested too.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: usedcarguy

GrindingAway

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 27, 2006
Here’s video of his game tonight... hmm.

Nice find. Only watched the first quarter so far but it's a pretty good summary of XF imo. There's times on the defensive end he moves really well and controls the paint. There's times you question his effort (Grinnel's first bucket).

On the offensive end he shoots and handles well for his size. Similar to defense he started strong and then looked a little disengaged. He did play with his back to the basket more in that quarter than I have probably ever seen him.

Overall he's also going to have to add some more mass to his body. Lot's of potential but I don't think he's going to come in and excel in year 1.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Nice find. Only watched the first quarter so far but it's a pretty good summary of XF imo. There's times on the defensive end he moves really well and controls the paint. There's times you question his effort (Grinnel's first bucket).

On the offensive end he shoots and handles well for his size. Similar to defense he started strong and then looked a little disengaged. He did play with his back to the basket more in that quarter than I have probably ever seen him.

Overall he's also going to have to add some more mass to his body. Lot's of potential but I don't think he's going to come in and excel in year 1.

He's scrimmaged very well against us when he plays at Sukup from what I've heard

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
The majority of Luka's development has taken place outside of the Iowa program... Fran doesn't deserve jack **** for how he's playing.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron