Xavier Foster Committed To Iowa State

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I really hope Xavier doesn't turn out to be our White Whale. So much potential...so much unrealized still. If it's going to take 2 years to get him into just a role type of player...ugh

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I really hope Xavier doesn't turn out to be our White Whale. So much potential...so much unrealized still. If it's going to take 2 years to get him into just a role type of player...ugh

JFC man. He’s a 7 foot ish guy with a nice outside stroke and elite shot blocking ability from Iowa. Everyone should be jizzing their pants and you’re being a little ***** about it. It’s okay to be excited and positive in this situation. I promise you won’t lose any street cred with the nut cuppers.

adjl

Jun 13, 2019
My biggest concern with Foster is the time he missed. It's well known that he did not have "mono". He missed time for his "extracurricular activities". Hopefully he gets that cleaned up and we don't have to deal with that stuff when he's hear.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Frank Garza sat in front of me in hilton this year and the guy is a perfect example of a douchbag. Every time we had the ball he was constantly screaming out random violations on us. At 1 point he yelled 3 seconds in the lane and we were just crossing half court. I had everything i could do to not punch that dude in the back of the head.
He's a douche.
Source: Different Iowa player's parent.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Also interesting that if you look up what Frank Garza is doing now, he appears to be in some kind of legal con now. He has teamed up with Guru Ganesha Khalsa ( who is a white guy pretending to be a sikh guru) to run a company called Conscious Selling, lol. Basically provide sales training but combined with eastern philosophy and also some kind of sports company that I guess trains athletes, it isn't clear but the Guru is involved in that as well.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

adjl

Jun 13, 2019
He got caught doing something that's not legal and served an athletic suspension. Having mono was the cover. I have multiple sources from school officials, current players who play against him, and referees. It's not a big deal, I just don't want it to be an issue in college as we all know there are a lot more temptations on campus.

GrindingAway

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 27, 2006

JFC man. He’s a 7 foot ish guy with a nice outside stroke and elite shot blocking ability from Iowa. Everyone should be jizzing their pants and you’re being a little ***** about it. It’s okay to be excited and positive in this situation. I promise you won’t lose any street cred with the nut cuppers.

I think the right approach is be realistic. The reality is likely somewhere between these two posts. Foster is going to be a strong player for Iowa State. If you watch the first four minutes of the Grinnell game posted in this thread you see a ton of potential. If you realize that on average he shot the ball really well and just had a bad shooting night in that video you understand at his size there's again a ton of potential.

If you watch the whole game though you also realize there's a lot of work to be done to realize that potential. If people are jizzing their pants expecting him to turn things around next year by himself they are going to likely be disappointed.

I'd put expectations somewhere around George Conditt in his freshman year with a little more score due to his shooting ability.

Reactions: Cyinthenorth

adjl

Jun 13, 2019
I think the right approach is be realistic. The reality is likely somewhere between these two posts. Foster is going to be a strong player for Iowa State. If you watch the first four minutes of the Grinnell game posted in this thread you see a ton of potential. If you realize that on average he shot the ball really well and just had a bad shooting night in that video you understand at his size there's again a ton of potential.

If you watch the whole game though you also realize there's a lot of work to be done to realize that potential. If people are jizzing their pants expecting him to turn things around next year by himself they are going to likely be disappointed.

I'd put expectations somewhere around George Conditt in his freshman year with a little more score due to his shooting ability.
I've watched him play several time over the past few years. He's going to he better than Conditt's freshman year, but not a super star. He just doesn't get too worked up over high school games; especially this year because his team isn't great.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
He got caught doing something that's not legal and served an athletic suspension. Having mono was the cover. I have multiple sources from school officials, current players who play against him, and referees. It's not a big deal, I just don't want it to be an issue in college as we all know there are a lot more temptations on campus.

Oskaloosa School officials told you what he was suspended for?

adjl

Jun 13, 2019
Oskaloosa School officials told you what he was suspended for?
No, school administrators from a competing school. If you ask around you will know it's the truth, not just a rumor. I am friends with multiple high school referees that have all told me the exact same story. It's not some big conspiracy. The kid made a mistake and let's hope he learns from it.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron