Haliburton to Miss Remainder of Season

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
412.gif

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
Tough for him...but glad it's his off hand (as you'd hope that it wouldn't ding his draft stock).

No clue how this stuff works, but if last "buzz" was top 5-10, youd think he's stick there and would have been hard to increase it.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I sort of wish he’d just announce he’s leaving because even though I know better I still hold out some hope he’ll come back.

I would imagine he's going to go through the whole process of getting word from everyone relevant before making that final call. Even if the odds are high what the answer will be.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Tough for him...but glad it's his off hand (as you'd hope that it wouldn't ding his draft stock).

No clue how this stuff works, but if last "buzz" was top 5-10, youd think he's stick there and would have been hard to increase it.

For the sake of comparison last year's #5 pick Darius Garland played only a couple games before tearing his ACL. I doubt this will effect his positioning much at all, especially if he's back by the combine, which I imagine he will be.

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
Tyrese will go down as one of my favorite all time Clones. Disappointing his career is going to end like this and that he had to play with a less than stellar cast this year, but I will become a big fan of the NBA team he is drafted on

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Maybe you could be less sensitive about discussion relating to ISU basketball and not perceive every statement of fact as a "shot at the coaching staff."

It was a shot. There’s multiple threads about where the program is and why prohm should be fired. Take that there.

this is about a great kid and player who could have been a legend here and how much it sucks that we don’t even get two full years with him.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
I’m sure he did. It’s not like those 7 minutes made it any worse.
I remember watching him come back to the sidelines and CSP immediately went to him with the clipboard play-drawing thing and started talking with him. I wondered if it was a play for him or if CSP was asking his opinion on who should do what now that he wasn't going to be in. And then he went in.

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
I sort of wish he’d just announce he’s leaving because even though I know better I still hold out some hope he’ll come back.

I hope he does it just so he can get the send off he deserves on Senior day. The kid has been a great Cyclone. He's earned it.

Reactions: Sigmapolis

megamanxzero35

May 31, 2011
I'm sorry but it shouldn't be his decision. He had no business being allowed back on the floor with a broken wrist. You're probably right in that he didn't do any additional damage, but still...
Not a doctor, but can you diagnosis a sprain and break without an X-ray? It was already sprained. Could have just felt it was aggravated.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I'm sorry but it shouldn't be his decision. He had no business being allowed back on the floor with a broken wrist. You're probably right in that he didn't do any additional damage, but still...

He got to go out on his own terms. I bet he’s happy about that.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron