Minneapolis
412.gif
Good advice for most situations.

snowcraig2.0

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA
He is going to be a super charger for whatever team drafts him. I keep thinking imagine him on the Warriors. He'd be absolutely perfect there, and they will draft right in his range most likely.

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
His greatness was one of the crazier things I've seen for the cyclones. Looking forward to hearing his name called early on draft night.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Saturday was our last win unfortunately. Just gotta get through this last month and hope next year there’s something.

Yeah, its unfortunate. There's never a good time for an injury, and this season was pretty much a goner anyway, but we had a couple winnable games coming up this week that now are most likely in the loss category

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Yeah, its unfortunate. There's never a good time for an injury but we had a couple winnable games coming up this week that now are most likely in the loss category

this season was weird but for the most part we looked like **** against the good teams and looked pretty good against the average teams. We really did have a chance to win a few in the back half of the schedule. Oh well.

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
Seems like it'd be the other direction if anything. So long as his draft stock stays high, why risk further injuries when you can go get paid?
Definitely agree. I’d leave, too, if I were him and my draft stock didn’t take too bad of a hit from this.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Feel bad for the kid. Even though this season has been dissaponting you know that TH would rather b out hter
Listen, it's inconsequential to all this as it wound up not mattering. But to me it's not a good look when you let a kid with a broken wrist go back in a game. It just shouldn't have happened.
aaaaaand here we go....

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
they don’t do that and I agree with it. Senior day should be players who are actually seniors.

Tyrese is a great kid and a great player and a great Cyclone. He’s earned the right to go make money. But he hasn’t earned a Senior day recognition.

They don't do it? The only one I can think of that was pretty much a foregone conclusion was Fizer. It's not like we have a policy based on the number of times it's happened.

I could gaf if he's not a senior. He's been a blast to watch and is leaving on great terms. If he leaves, he goes out making a hustle play for a go nowhere team. Let him give his speech and get his standing O. He's earned it every bit as much as Prentiss Nixon has.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
They don't do it? The only one I can think of that was pretty much a foregone conclusion was Fizer. It's not like we have a policy based on the number of times it's happened.

I could gaf if he's not a senior. He's been a blast to watch and is leaving on great terms. If he leaves, he goes out making a hustle play for a go nowhere team. Let him give his speech and get his standing O. He's earned it every bit as much as Prentiss Nixon has.

royce.

seniors earn senior day.

Tyrese will have plenty of opportunities to talk to the media.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Listen, it's inconsequential to all this as it wound up not mattering. But to me it's not a good look when you let a kid with a broken wrist go back in a game. It just shouldn't have happened.
If this were a leg injury, I could see where this would be a problem but this was his wrist. The same wrist that he already had injured previously. Neither him, the coaches, or Vic knew the extent of the injury and Tyrese is the type of player that is going to leave it all on the line no matter what. This wasn't like a Kevin Durant situation where there was concern for something worse to happen to his wrist. This was just a freak accident added on top of an incredibly frustrating season. There is no one at all to blame in this situation.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Hell, for a minor wrist fracture sometimes you cannot even tell from a first x-ray.

Only way to tell is to go back out. For all the “this team lacks toughness” **** I see around here I would think this would be a good thing for them. But it’s just always the same old same old because ISU fan is becoming Hok fan at a terrifying pace.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
He is going to be a super charger for whatever team drafts him. I keep thinking imagine him on the Warriors. He'd be absolutely perfect there, and they will draft right in his range most likely.

It will depend on where that draft pick lands, but I am 99% sure the Warriors' plan is to trade that pick (and Wiggins' salbatross to equal up the numbers) to somebody else for a contributor to play alongside Steph, Klay, and Draymond.

I love Tyrese, but I am not sure you want him as a starter when he is only 20 years old alongside guys like that who have legit ambitions to win another NBA Finals. I am pretty sure the Tyrese pick would just be a valuable trade chip for them.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Only way to tell is to go back out. For all the “this team lacks toughness” **** I see around here I would think this would be a good thing for them. But it’s just always the same old same old because ISU fan is becoming Hok fan at a terrifying pace.

And since it aggravated a previous injury, it makes sense to go back out there.

as it turns out, I’m glad he got to finish on his own terms.

Help Support Us

Become a patron