WWE Elimination Chamber (2020)/AEW Revolution Thread

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
It’s hard to call something “surprising” when it’s been speculated for months, but Killer Kross (for those that follow Impact more than I do - what I know is he’s an absolute monster) has signed with WWE and has reported to the PC.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA

Rock's father Rocky Johnson we all know passed a few weeks ago but on social media I was made aware of a facebook video on the Rock's page and it was posted today. Pretty powerful stuff that we can apply in our own ways.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I'm a couple weeks behind on everything but still throwing up in my mouth about Drew winning RR.....storylines a few years ago were seriously written about how he wasn't good enough to keep his job.....he suck on the mic. I'm so over it.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I'm a couple weeks behind on everything but still throwing up in my mouth about Drew winning RR.....storylines a few years ago were seriously written about how he wasn't good enough to keep his job.....he suck on the mic. I'm so over it.

Ok, first, you're referring to something that happened something like a decade ago. Second, in that time, he's gotten pretty damn good on the mic. Third, he was basically the fans' popular choice to win the Rumble going into it.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Ok, first, you're referring to something that happened something like a decade ago. Second, in that time, he's gotten pretty damn good on the mic. Third, he was basically the fans' popular choice to win the Rumble going into it.

They still had that story line and it stuck with me. It also was at a time when Smackdown was scraping the bottom of the barrel and that's the best they could come up with.

I take in my wrestling as what entertains me, and the last couple RAWs I watched (still a week behind), he just doesn't do it for me. I get that he's over, but I just can't get into it. To me it's always "I don't give a damn" wash rinse repeat.

At least they tried something other than "hey let's have Lesnar win"

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
In the least surprising news ever, Wrestlemania 37 is going to be at the new stadium in LA. A week earlier than usual, March 28, 2021.

WM 38 is almost assuredly going to be in Vegas at the new Raiders Stadium.

I'd guess 39 goes back to Florida, New Orleans or New York again. I don't see Minneapolis ever getting it even with the new building.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
In the least surprising news ever, Wrestlemania 37 is going to be at the new stadium in LA. A week earlier than usual, March 28, 2021.

WM 38 is almost assuredly going to be in Vegas at the new Raiders Stadium.

I'd guess 39 goes back to Florida, New Orleans or New York again. I don't see Minneapolis ever getting it even with the new building.

Don’t forget Atlanta. Vince is going to want to do it in Arthur Blank’s new plaything as well.

• Agree
Reactions: 1UNI2ISU

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
And that's how they are getting Becky vs. Shayna at Mania. Puts Becky on the plus side of fans and Shayna as the mega heel.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Taya Valkyrie dropped the Knockouts title last night (likely largely done because it’s one of those poorly-kept secrets that she’s not reupping with Impact). I guess start the countdown clock to when she mysteriously shows up in WWE on the same brand as her husband, with the new name Taya Morrison.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Dakota Kai wins after Raquel Gonzalez gets involved (not really sure who she is).

While I don't think that topped Lee-Dijakovic, that was one of the most brutal, best put together women's street fights I've ever seen.

EDIT - I guess Reina Gonzalez (who has appeared on NXT numerous times) has been redubbed as Raquel.

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
Very solid match. Wish Tegan would have won and don't really understand having someone interfere.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Very solid match. Wish Tegan would have won and don't really understand having someone interfere.

I'm also a big fan of Tegan Nox that likes watching her win, but Dakota Kai really needed to win that match to validate her heel turn. At the same time, they had to protect Nox, especially after her 4-part "return" series they ran on the WWEPC channel this last week.

Bringing Gonzalez in as Kai's lackey is going to also allow LeRae to be in this feud going forward without giving the faces an overwhelming advantage.