*** Official IOWA STATE Vs Texas Game(Day) Thread ***

CyclonesRock

Jan 1, 2018
Iowa
Isn't it odd that with about 8 minutes to go the referees stopped calling any fouls on Texas? :confused: I think at the time we only had 2 fouls on us. There was plenty of contact those last 8 minutes but apparently ISU was the only one capable of fouling, even though we had the lead. This FACT is very frustrating since we played well enough to win today. IMO

Dingus

May 23, 2013
Anyone who saw the game willing to give a quick synopsis? From the box score looks like Nixon didn’t start (!!), Conditt started but barely played (poorly?), we shot way fewer 3’s (also good), and we choked at the end.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Anyone who saw the game willing to give a quick synopsis? From the box score looks like Nixon didn’t start (!!), Conditt started but barely played (poorly?), we shot way fewer 3’s (also good), and we choked at the end.
Jackson started and Conditt sucked in the first few minutes (dunked on a couple times, missed a layup and sucks at boxing out)

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Choked it basically, solo was only guy to match up sims. Jacobsen missed a lot of long 2 pick and rolls. Phantom offensive foul called on us at the end and no replay, a weird robbing of two points from us as shot clock violation that apparently wasn’t when we had the put back. They gave us the ball with two seconds left on the shot clock for some reason.

• Informative
Reactions: Snydes

Old87

Sep 30, 2012
How many of the top college players are playing all 40 minutes each game, every game? Will TH have anything left by the end of the season? Is it starting to show now at the end of games? Give the man a break now and then, he is not Superman.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
How many of the top college players are playing all 40 minutes each game, every game? Will TH have anything left by the end of the season? Is it starting to show now at the end of games? Give the man a break now and then, he is not Superman.
It's like 30 games total and he's 19. They play like 150 games during aau season

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006

Prohm missed two wide open bunnies, committed a foul, then committed an offensive foul to turn the ball over in the last few possessions.

Darius Bieber

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 22, 2017
San Antonio, TX
Prohm missed two wide open bunnies, committed a foul, then committed an offensive foul to turn the ball over in the last few possessions.

He also poisoned our water supply, burned our crops and delivered a plague unto our houses.

(Spongebob reference for those that are out of the loop, obviously not being serious..)

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
When a team falls so completely apart like that at the end of game, when mental weakness is so apparent, when no one on the court knows to make an intentional foul right away, and then the guy with four fouls and one of your three point shooters FINALLY fouls. ......those are all coaching issues

It's definitely a losing team culture issue.

Similar to how ISU football has so many 'oh-so close' losses in its history.

MTCyclone43

Feb 22, 2016
I actually thought Prohm made some nice adjustments:
1) benched nixon and barely played him
2) benched conditt for the whole game- deservedly.

I'm actually worried Conditt might have NIKE permanently branded on his forehead after those two dunks. In 3 minutes the guy got dunked on twice, missed a layup, botched a rebound, and fouled a guy with his hand at his waist. He might be the softest chicago kid I've ever seen in my life. this nba talk with him is hysterical.

Lewis would've been perfect in that game, oh well.
I expect Lewis will not see the floor again at Iowa State unless something unforeseen happens.

• Disagree
Reactions: WastedTalent

MTCyclone43

Feb 22, 2016
Bolton is the only guy that WANTS the ball in crunch time.

Hines said - which I completely agree - is TH is a great Robin but can never be a Batman.
Did you make the trip over to Corvallis in November for the OSU game? I happen to live in Northwest Montana. We took the opportunity to drive over to Corvallis and enjoy the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: SpokaneCY

Mississippi Clone1

Jul 19, 2017
Choked it basically, solo was only guy to match up sims. Jacobsen missed a lot of long 2 pick and rolls. Phantom offensive foul called on us at the end and no replay, a weird robbing of two points from us as shot clock violation that apparently wasn’t when we had the put back. They gave us the ball with two seconds left on the shot clock for some reason.
What was the deal with us getting the ball with two seconds? Shouldn’t it have been either a shot clock violation and Tx ball or two points on the Zion putback and TX ball. Seemed odd.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
What was the deal with us getting the ball with two seconds? Shouldn’t it have been either a shot clock violation and Tx ball or two points on the Zion putback and TX ball. Seemed odd.
Yeah I heard no explanation on the Longhorn network, wonder if the radio guys did better

Cardinal and Gold

Jul 23, 2016
It absolutely should have been 2 pts for the putback, but it ultimately gets boiled down to an officiating error and basically an inadvertent whistle (after the replay showed there was no reason to stop play)blowing the play dead. There's no question the officials cost us 2 there at the end of the half.

Mississippi Clone1

Jul 19, 2017
It absolutely should have been 2 pts for the putback, but it ultimately gets boiled down to an officiating error and basically an inadvertent whistle (after the replay showed there was no reason to stop play)blowing the play dead. There's no question the officials cost us 2 there at the end of the half.
Ok bites but that makes sense. the LHN announcers never explained what was going on that I recall