*** Official IOWA STATE Vs Texas Game(Day) Thread ***

CloneInLA

Mar 7, 2017
Prohm will get next season to see if he can turn it around and he should, for what he has done. But next season will be a lot like Smart from Texas this season, lot of pressure to make the tournament. or be canned at the end of 20/21 season. The announcers talked about it yesterday regarding Smart, ISU could be doing the same thing with Prohm next year.

What we do not want is to get into is a situation where we are winning enough to save his job, but not enough to make the tournament. Critical year for Prohm next year to say the least.

I hope JP is looking for coaches right now. If the 1 or 2 that he loves are available come March, fire prohm and get them. If there is nothing out there that is a major improvement, hold on to SP for another season and see if he can turn this around.

Firing a coach is easy, replacing him with someone better isn’t always that easy. Hopefully we have a list of great candidates already and the work behind the scenes is going on to see if we can get them.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
That and they aren’t good on defense and they don’t have a go to guy on offense that can close games.

Watch the Iowa game today, and see how they feed Garza repeated down low on the block. He gets the ball, and he quickly spins and finishes. With Garza being a presents down low, that allows their 3 point shooter to spread it out and launch.

Yesterday, our bigs never seem to get the ball low, and when we did, very few quick moves to the basket. Kept trying the 5 foot jump shot or getting it blocked. Our bigs are not made to get under the basket and bang on the defender, and we miss that. Only for someone like a Leron Myer even.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Watch the Iowa game today, and see how they feed Garza repeated down low on the block. He gets the ball, and he quickly spins and finishes. With Garza being a presents down low, that allows their 3 point shooter to spread it out and launch.

Yesterday, our bigs never seem to get the ball low, and when we did, very few quick moves to the basket. Kept trying the 5 foot jump shot or getting it blocked. Our bigs are not made to get under the basket and bang on the defender, and we miss that. Only for someone like a Leron Myer even.
Most of our players (other than Jacobson) try to avoid physical contact. And that's a recipe for just launching three's and then saying post-game "we had good looks."

• Agree
Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
So whats up with running the PnR and always trying to iso Conditt at the top of the key? Seems like he always gets the ball there off a quick pass from Tyrese. Is that by design? If the guy is playing off then I get why that's the right read for Tyrese based on the defense(and he always makes the right read) but George is pretty ineffective in that spot. I think in the little bit he played yesterday, that may have been the only area of the court he touched the ball on that end of the floor.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
So whats up with running the PnR and always trying to iso Conditt at the top of the key? Seems like he always gets the ball there off a quick pass from Tyrese. Is that by design? If the guy is playing off then I get why that's the right read for Tyrese based on the defense(and he always makes the right read) but George is pretty ineffective in that spot. I think in the little bit he played yesterday, that may have been the only area of the court he touched the ball on that end of the floor.

That's what ISU has done under CSP.

The dribble around for 20 seconds from last year has also continued to be used.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron