Ear wax

IlliniCy

May 21, 2008
I saw someone at a pool a few years back eat their ear wax. It was kinda disgusting.... Yet, maybe less disgusting than booger eaters.
Booger

booger-mcfarland.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: CySmurf

Sparkplug

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Central Iowa
Every time I’ve had my ears cleaned at a doctor’s office I get a severe headache the next day.

The headaches are so bad I vomit continuously to the point of needing medication for the nausea

Was told the reason for the headaches was that the nurse used too much pressure

throwittoblythe

Aug 7, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
From time to time I get eat wax buildup. Only had to had the doctor remove once, holy cow disgusting. Anyways anyone else have this problem, use debrox?

Oh one morning I woke up and felt something in my ear. Got it out with my finger, it's early right so I think it's a spider or some terrible insect. Ear wax. Strange.

I've had to have mine flushed twice. Here was the game changer for me: stop using q-tips daily. Using them every just packs the wax down in your ear canal. I use the towel to clean what I can every day, but obviously (and intentionally) it doesn't go very far into my ear. I will occasionally get a few small pieces that make their way out and I still use q-tips every few weeks to keep it from getting too gross. However, I have not had any issues with my ears plugging since then and it's not like the stuff is growing out my ears.

https://www.healthyhearing.com/report/47773-Swab-hearing-loss

Reactions: simply1

dosry5

Nov 28, 2006
Johnston
Every time I’ve had my ears cleaned at a doctor’s office I get a severe headache the next day.

The headaches are so bad I vomit continuously to the point of needing medication for the nausea

Was told the reason for the headaches was that the nurse used too much pressure

that seems......normal

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
I'm skipping whatever the buyer is.

Maybe skin tags next

mustangcy

Apr 11, 2006
Bloomfield
I'm not sure how you guys get nurses to clean your ears. I go to an ENT guy and he does it. Cost me about a hundred bucks or so, not a big deal but yeah...he get's a lot out. He uses a wand of some sort that has a camera attached so I watch him do it on a screen next to me, pretty fascinating. This guy told me there isn't much you can do yourself once you get a good blockage so candles or whatever you get online is a scam. Just hot showers and clean with tissue, not qtips and one you get a good blockage only a dr can get in good enough to do anything.

dtISU

Nov 17, 2010
A suburb of Ames
I, too go an ENT about every six months to get them cleaned out. The first time I went, he showed me what he pulled out of there. WOW. Nearly enough to make a candle.
Do not use qtips - you're just packing it in when you do.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
I've never had an ent do it, medical assistant flushing it. Now that you say that though probably better at it.

cdnlngld

Feb 24, 2012
Ames, IA
when I was a teenager(17 or 18) i got a blockage. I tried to dig it out with q-tips and made it worse. Had to go to the dr. and he tried using a hoop shaped scraper to remove the wax from the eardrum. The pain was so bad and the ear started to get real irritated and swollen. Needless to say after a week of antibiotics and pouring some peroxide into my ear, the wax had loosened up enough that they were able to flush it out. Ever sense, I have used one of those aspirators to flush warm water to flush them out, myself, every few weeks......works like a charm. And yes, it does a great job! gets some good chunks out, but can make you a little dizzy for a couple of minutes.

So, PLEASE to not shove things into your ear! Dr. told me never insert anything smaller than your little finger into your ear canal, or you are asking for trouble.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
when I was a teenager(17 or 18) i got a blockage. I tried to dig it out with q-tips and made it worse. Had to go to the dr. and he tried using a hoop shaped scraper to remove the wax from the eardrum. The pain was so bad and the ear started to get real irritated and swollen. Needless to say after a week of antibiotics and pouring some peroxide into my ear, the wax had loosened up enough that they were able to flush it out. Ever sense, I have used one of those aspirators to flush warm water to flush them out, myself, every few weeks......works like a charm. And yes, it does a great job! gets some good chunks out, but can make you a little dizzy for a couple of minutes.

So, PLEASE to not shove things into your ear! Dr. told me never insert anything smaller than your little finger into your ear canal, or you are asking for trouble.

There was once the Debrox didn't work for me for 5 days or so, so I went to Urgent Care. They first tried dumping stool softener in there and flushing it, but it didn't work so they used that scraper. The pain was pretty bad.

• Agree
Reactions: cdnlngld