Nick Graham joins ISU staff

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
The last thing this team needs is someone with an axe to grind getting in the ears of the players.

To be fair, I've thought that Nick had always been pretty fair, but this makes me wonder.
From my interactions with him when he was here, he seemed like a stand-up guy who the players respected. I honestly hope that this wasn’t a deliberate attack on the current staff.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
The last thing this team needs is someone with an axe to grind getting in the ears of the players.

To be fair, I've thought that Nick had always been pretty fair, but this makes me wonder.

I'm guessing that video was recorded to get the attention of some new protege he wants the opportunity to groom--or their family, and he didn't really consider the impact of what he was saying.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
From my interactions with him when he was here, he seemed like a stand-up guy who the players respected. I honestly hope that this wasn’t a deliberate attack on the current staff.

I agree that he's seemed like a good person. But unless he's really stupid, then he should know better than to tweet what he did because it damages the very people that he claims to care about.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I'm not a prohm fan but this is pretty low on the list of issues and entirely made up.

There's probably kernels of truth.

Like in 17\18 they may very well have been letting him get away with a lot. Not because 'they didn't care about him' but because we were in such a bad place once the injuries set in that there wasnt much of a choice.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
There's probably kernels of truth.

Like in 17\18 they may very well have been letting him get away with a lot. Not because 'they didn't care about him' but because we were in such a bad place once the injuries set in that there wasnt much of a choice.

True or it could be that they were trying different things and trying to find something that would work.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
For him to tell Lard that the coaches don't care about him should tell you exactly what was going on with Cam. If a GA is telling you that kind of stuff, what else is going on?

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny
Prohm took a chance on Lard and stuck by him for years. At some point the player has to hold up his end of the bargain. Also, it is the coaches job to recruit over players on his roster. It is the players job to prove to the coach that they deserve playing time.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
He doesn't math so well. In his first tweet he said 2 years ago and mentioned the "mystery" player didn't make the NBA. Now he says he's talking about 8th and 9th graders he mentored. This guys is full of ****.

Last edited by a moderator: