Nick Graham joins ISU staff

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
I assume you are talking about Lard? I have not said one thing in this thread that says Prohm didn't do a ton for Lard and try and help him, because he did and I have nothing bad to say with how Prohm deals with players because he appears to care a great deal. But nice try.

I'm talking about any college player.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
lol Bootstraps and all that, right?

He was presented with an opportunity that he did not take advantage of. That is far from the "pull yourself up by your bootstraps" argument.

I know we require alot of college coaches, but requiring them to roll players out of bed for class and practice and following them around 24/7 to make sure they aren't doing drugs shouldn't be on of them.

Honest question, let's take Cam's situation as an example. What is a coach supposed to do?

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
There are young black kids that get used by college athletics all the time because of their athletic ability and the coaches or admin don't give a damn about them.

And I should say I don't necessarily disagree with this statement. There's some truth to it. But the situation he described is not one of them. What he described was a kid who took no personal responsibility for his actions and he somehow blamed the coach for it. A scholarship is a two way street and if you aren't holding up you're end of the deal you're not being taken advantage of or used if you're let go.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
I’m really not understanding all this non sense that Prohm ruined Lindell W and Lard career from some sources.. More so LW..

LW was never ever getting drafted his frosh year and his 2nd year he neglected to tell a single isu staff member that his foot hurt 9 months prior to the season.. then he proceeded to play all spring and summer on it... then season starts and he’s out 1/3 of season.. How any of that is on Prohm is just asinine..

Aren’t LW abs Lard doing what they always dreamed of? Lars getting paid overseas and LW is getting his shot in G league..

I have all kinds of coaching issues with Prohm but wanting what is best for his players is not even on my list..

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
He was presented with an opportunity that he did not take advantage of. That is far from the "pull yourself up by your bootstraps" argument.

I know we require alot of college coaches, but requiring them to roll players out of bed for class and practice and following them around 24/7 to make sure they aren't doing drugs shouldn't be on of them.

Honest question, let's take Cam's situation as an example. What is a coach supposed to do?

Cam's situation is a sad one because he had people and coaches that cared for him and tried to help him but for whatever reason Cam wasn't ready to figure out his own problems and how to best deal with them. Prohm and the University didn't fail Cam, I think they did all they could. I think he obviously had issues before he got to ISU and at times he talked as though he knew he had things he had to fix but he just couldn't quite fix them when he was here. Hopefully with time he can get things figured out. Maybe, losing the opportunity at ISU will be the catalyst for him to make improvements.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
Maybe I missed something but didn’t CSP send Lard to a wellness center for the summer to help him and his life? Paid for by isu I’m guessing.. This after 2 strikes (that we know of) already?

lol.. There isn’t another HC in America that wouod have given Lard 4-5 chances..

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I’m really not understanding all this non sense that Prohm ruined Lindell W and Lard career from some sources.. More so LW..

LW was never ever getting drafted his frosh year and his 2nd year he neglected to tell a single isu staff member that his foot hurt 9 months prior to the season.. then he proceeded to play all spring and summer on it... then season starts and he’s out 1/3 of season.. How any of that is on Prohm is just asinine..

Aren’t LW abs Lard doing what they always dreamed of? Lars getting paid overseas and LW is getting his shot in G league..

I have all kinds of coaching issues with Prohm but wanting what is best for his players is not even on my list..

Lard isn't overseas. He was living in Ames recently not sure if he's still there

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Maybe I missed something but didn’t CSP send Lard to a wellness center for the summer to help him and his life? Paid for by isu I’m guessing.. This after 2 strikes (that we know of) already?

lol.. There isn’t another HC in America that wouod have given Lard 4-5 chances..

Not just any Wellness Center the Chris Herren Wellness Center

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
If it takes pulling up your bootstraps to go to practice and put down the weed then yes bootstraps.

I assume you are talking about Lard? I have not said one thing in this thread that says Prohm didn't do a ton for Lard and try and help him, But nice try.

I'm talking about any college player.

So then this.........

There are young black kids that get used by college athletics all the time because of their athletic ability and the coaches or admin don't give a damn about them.

was like Nick's tweet................pure BS?

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
He was 100% talking about Lard and everyone involved knows it

Yeah there really isn’t any doubt based upon the response from Niang. In addition that performance during the second video was absolutely an awful backtrack. Previous post had nothing to do with MLK but somehow that’s the escape hatch on the second video.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Didn't Cam somewhat ask if he could rejoin the team and Prohm politely declined?
I think he also helped out at some players camps last summer in Ames after all this went down.

I agree I think someone posted that their kid was a camp that Cam was helping at. Was it the one that Georges and Monte run?

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying

I agree I think someone posted that their kid was a camp that Cam was helping at. Was it the one that Georges and Monte run?
Whatever camp he was at, I feel like someone told me they ran into him at State Gym and he was very cordial and was talking about how he's going to miss ISU.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
So what does Mr. Graham actually do? I can't see that 1st posting helping him get a job on a coaching staff. Where is he currently living?

Read his twitter is he some type of personal trainer/ life coach?

Last edited:

GetAwesome

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 29, 2010
Cedar Falls, IA
No matter the athlete being referred to, or the school, Nick's notion of injustice is hilarious.

I went to college at Iowa State University and I assure you nobody in the administration gave a damn about me for 4 straight years, beyond making sure my U-Bill was paid and the tuition check was in the mail.

Not feeling loved on a full athletic scholarship? Man, what an injustice...

Last edited:

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
No matter the athlete being referred to, or the school, Nick's notion of injustice is hilarious.

I went to college at Iowa State University and I assure you nobody in the administration gave a damn about me for 4 straight years, beyond making sure my U-Bill was paid and the tuition check was in the mail.

Not feeling loved on a full athletic scholarship? Man, what an injustice...
what, you never stopped into Beardshear for free hugs and pep talks?