*** Official IOWA STATE vs #23 Texas Tech Game(Day) Thread ***

Jan 4, 2020
Some things we need to do if we are going to win games.
1. Bolton needs to learn to drive in crowds and not get stripped so much.
2. Prentiss needs to know he can't shoot 3s unless they are wide open.
3. Play good D. Although our defense today wasn't that bad
4. Get some scorers on the floor to help get some much needed points.
5. Need haliburton not to have so many "off" games.
6. Tre needs to find his shot that we all know he has.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Some things we need to do if we are going to win games.
1. Bolton needs to learn to drive in crowds and not get stripped so much.
2. Prentiss needs to know he can't shoot 3s unless they are wide open.
3. Play good D. Although our defense today wasn't that bad
4. Get some scorers on the floor to help get some much needed points.
5. Need haliburton not to have so many "off" games.
6. Tre needs to find his shot that we all know he has.

2. He should never shoot a 3 w more than 2 secs on the shot clock period. Only other shot he should take is a layup. Whats the ISU record for worst 3pt% for a minimum of like 50 attempts? Just atrocious. I cant even talk abt it anymore.
4. We dont have any other scorers. Thats the problem.
5. Teams know our offense is trash without Hali. They just take him out of the game and it turns into wet garbage. Its basically Bolton driving at that point, which is layup, turnover, or kickout for a missed 3. Which actually is an improvement compared to earlier in the season.

I think they have to play small w one big, but we only have about 2 guards that are ready for prime time. So thaaaats a problem. Hoping Tre develops quickly!

They arent winning many more games this year. Maybe 5 or 6.

Now is the winter of our discontent.

• Agree
Reactions: 2020cy

CYDJ

Jan 12, 2013
We are not renewing our season tickets for next year. It’s so depressing to watch them get blown out over and over. A far cry from the exciting days of watching ranked ISU teams high octane offenses and only loose 1 game/year at Hilton .
Hey, just wondering where you sit. I might like to move up.

Thanks,

CYDJ

Jan 12, 2013
That was quite the deflection. A new twist on the “you aren’t a real fan” if you don’t like prohm
Nope, I think you have a problem with me explaining that people should try to put themselves in other people's shoes, maybe not depend on this team or school to provide your happiness and maybe, just maybe, look at how wonderful you are at everything you do before pointing fingers at others that are trying their best to make you happy (even though they may not have that ability at this point.) When anyone says these young men suck, then they lose any rights to those young men giving a crap about their needs. You don't crap on people like that. You can be honest with them (or others) without using terms like "sucks". Try to use facts to support your argument and let them speak for you. It's better than name calling and denigration and will get your point heard better.

OR I'm saying you aren't a real fan. I'm not, what I'm saying your not someone I would want to be a fan of mine or anyone I cared about, because you may be a real fan, but you're a pretty bad real fan.

• Agree
Reactions: 83cy and Macloney

SwirlyBird

Aug 2, 2015
How do you field a whole basketball team and only have 1 that can shoot 3s occasionally?

• Informative
Reactions: Cy$

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Honestly I don’t trust Pollard to hire the next coach, so fire Pollard too.
Bad take.

Pollard is one of the best assets ISU has.i hope he stays here for a long, long time.

And when you examine his hires, it's really hard to fault them. Prohm may be the worst looking one in hindsight, but that may not have been 'his' hire in the first place.

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
I'm done watching them for the season. It's too depressing to see how far Prohm has degenerated this program. He has no identity for the direction of this program. And it's doubtful Pollard will do anything about it at the end of the season because financially, it's too costly. We as fans may have to suffer through this season and next before realistically anything will be done. Maybe Prohm gets it turned around with next years squad...but are you really trusting that to actually happen with the way Prohm is coaching this year??

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Some of you people need to step back from the cliff, because you are sounding like Iowa fans right now. ISU just went through the best 10 year span of basketball that we have ever had. We lost 80% of our scoring from last years team, and your right its ugly, but I will give Prohm one poor season.

We signed the best recruit in the state, we have good players, they just didn't forget how to play basketball. They just need time to develop.

Lets allow the year to play out and see where we are next year. If we are in the same shape, then its time to find a new coach. But I believe in Coach Prohm and more than willing to give him another year.

Irish1

Feb 5, 2016
My frustration is being a one trick pony team, and the one trick is broken. Why can't we play two bigs and 3 guards? Jacobson becomes a whole different player when he is moved to the post. 3 guards (or even 2 guards) would cut down on bad outside shots taken. Haliburton is a premiere passer, give him two bigs to pass to. Basketball is a game of rhythm, finding your rhythm on offense, breaking the rhythm on defense. The fact that we keep going downhill every game is because we only have one trick, and it's broken. If you are 0-13 from the 3 point line, and most of your points came from the paint try something else. Once the rhythm changes the threes will start falling.

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
Some of you people need to step back from the cliff, because you are sounding like Iowa fans right now. ISU just went through the best 10 year span of basketball that we have ever had. We lost 80% of our scoring from last years team, and your right its ugly, but I will give Prohm one poor season.

We signed the best recruit in the state, we have good players, they just didn't forget how to play basketball. They just need time to develop.

Lets allow the year to play out and see where we are next year. If we are in the same shape, then its time to find a new coach. But I believe in Coach Prohm and more than willing to give him another year.

The fact that we just came off the best 10 year stretch is the point - this program was at a high level when Prohm took it over and look where we are right now. Also, 2 of the last 3 years are going to be atrocious, with the other year being a 9-9 season with a mis-managed roster that was loaded with talent, so it isn’t just “one poor season” like you say.

I like Prohm and wish it was working out and he was the guy, but it’s just not, and the sooner we hit the reset button the sooner we can right the ship.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron