Three names to know in Prohm's search for assistant coach

FOREVERTRUE

Sep 18, 2017
He would likely be the starting PG here from his sophomore through his senior year and see rotational time as a bench guard as a true freshman on a very good P6 team.

That is not so bad, right?

I really don't know, but you think he would start over Nixon and Haliburton?

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I really don't know, but you think he would start over Nixon and Haliburton?

It seems a moot point now that we are hiring Kane and not Green.

Hypothetically though, I would have given Green the highest odds to take over the PG position once Wigginton and Weiler-Babb leave Ames.

Green has a higher ranking than Haliburton and would have had just as long of a stretch in the program. Nixon scored a lot in Ft. Collins, but he was not very efficient about it and playing against MVC competition. On a roster with Haliburton and Green around, I would imagine he would be more of a rotational guard than the man at PG.

Looks like the Green family is staying in Cedar Falls now, though.

Good luck to him there. Seems like a good kid. He'll do well.

I hope things work out to where we can keep playing UNI somehow.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Not sure I'd call Green a shooter. Those 7 3's raised his average up to 35%. Kid is a bucket getter though and would really help out this team

He got off to a tough start this season shooting-wise, but he's really turned it on lately (knock on wood). Hopefully Brown and Berhow do the same soon.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
he’s better than anyone ISU took in the 2019 HS class. Not sure where he would’ve fit on the 2018-19 team but lord knows he’d be helping right now. Also, not like Kane has been lighting the world on fire in recruiting. Oh but did you know one time he found Ja Morant! Sick!

I actually like Kane. Blackwell coming here would be huge but yeah in hindsight Green would help immensely

• Agree
Reactions: CyPunch

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
You’ve done nothing but attack those who don’t think he’s the right guy for the job, so I’m waiting to hear your opinion on why you think he is the right guy for the job.

lol "attack". I'm not happy with where things are at, but Prohm did prove he could rebuild the roster and get us back in the tournament. Constantly running him down isn't going to accomplish anything. He's not going anywhere after this season and probably not after next season either.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
lol "attack". I'm not happy with where things are at, but Prohm did prove he could rebuild the roster and get us back in the tournament. Constantly running him down isn't going to accomplish anything. He's not going anywhere after this season and probably not after next season either.
And see, I’ve never said anything bad about his recruiting. He’s landed some home run players and some complete duds - no different than our previous coaching staffs. But the issue is that this is a tournament caliber team but it seriously lacks the coaching. Specifically lacks a creative offensive system, in-game adjustments, in-game personnel management, and has constantly struggled at end-game management since he took over. This was easily a 10-12 loss team, on paper, coming into the season, but it’s the coaching that has seriously held this team back, and I’ve been following the signs of this since his second year in charge.