*** Official IOWA STATE VS TCU Game(Day) Thread ***

psychlone99

Apr 6, 2006
psychlone99.wordpress.com
One coach had a plan, the other coach had a plan to set the screen right at the point where the first coach had instructed his team to foul. Seems like a coaching decision...not execution. Dixon was one step ahead of Prohm, Prohm never expected a screen there, he ignorantly thought they'd just let us foul them.
I can't believe how many are doubting this post. I'm confident this is 100 percent a factual interpretation of the close of regulation. And understandably so, from both sides. Prohm had a reasonable plan to foul near half court, and Dixon countered with the perfect hail Mary. The placement of the screen and release was exactly what was needed to counter the defensive call, and it banked in. ****.

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
I can't believe how many are doubting this post. I'm confident this is 100 percent a factual interpretation of the close of regulation. And understandably so, from both sides. Prohm had a reasonable plan to foul near half court, and Dixon countered with the perfect hail Mary. The placement of the screen and release was exactly what was needed to counter the defensive call, and it banked in. ****.
Another example of pretty much anyone out coaching our Coach ...on a consistent basis

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
I can’t lie, I thought we could finish as high as 3rd. I thought the Big 12 was down and I really thought Tre, Haliburton, Nixon and Bolton would be a very solid backcourt and that Jacobson, Young and Conditt would be a good enough front court to help us win games. I could not have been more wrong.
So you picked us to be worse than 2017 and finish third? Somewhere between third and last, pretty broad range there chief.

ChickenNuggetMan

Drinks beer with CycloneLarry69
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 24, 2017
Minneapolis
The silver lining of these losses due to an obvious lack of coaching is it will eventually lead to a new coach. We just have to be patient and endure the torture.

• Agree
  • Winner
Reactions: Hoggins and awd4cy

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
So you picked us to be worse than 2017 and finish third? Somewhere between third and last, pretty broad range there chief.
Before the season I thought we could finish as high as 3rd this year. I didn’t form the opinion of us being better in 2017-18 until we saw how bad of a shooting team we were going to be. (Probably 4-5 games in)

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
That was more just a funny story than anything.

Main idea is that players don't just miss the assignment out of defiance or neglect, they just for whatever reason don't get to where they're supposed to, when they're supposed to, no matter how many times it's been gone over.

And it happens all the time to all coaches.

It's as if there are other players trying to thwart what our players are doing at times. On the road, league game against a really good team and we go to OT because the home team got off a fluke shot...

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
The way things are going I don't think pissing away the last two games is going to make a difference, but I will be very put out if ISU is a couple games short of making the dance in March.

Dixon made a huge mistake leaving that 35 percent shooter out there...and we were dumb enough not to foul him...comedy of errors on both sides

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA

Another great sign for how things are going all around.

(If it's deleted...it's Zion Griffin saying he's deleting his Twitter account.)

Guessing he deleted because of hate speech from cyclone "fans" aimed at his coaches and his teammates. This is NOT a shot at CSP - this is a shot at crappy fans calling out 18 year old kids when things don't go the "fans" way.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Before the season I thought we could finish as high as 3rd this year. I didn’t form the opinion of us being better in 2017-18 until we saw how bad of a shooting team we were going to be. (Probably 4-5 games in)
Nostradamus right here

anyways you predict everything and then claim you predicted what’s currently happening lol.

• Winner
Reactions: HoustonClone

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
Nostradamus right here

anyways you predict everything and then claim you predicted what’s currently happening lol.
Predict everything? I made one prediction and it was so far off lol. (Finishing 3rd or 4th this year). This is a good example of why you shouldn’t make preseason predictions. I was way off on that one. After watching this team play I don’t think it took a genius to realize that it wasn’t a good team.

• Creative
Reactions: HoustonClone

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Predict everything? I made one prediction and it was so far off lol. (Finishing 3rd or 4th this year). This is a good example of why you shouldn’t make preseason predictions. I was way off on that one. After watching this team play I don’t think it took a genius to realize that it wasn’t a good team.
You also posted this.

I got a lot of heat early this year when I said I thought our 2017 team was better than this years team. Disappointing to end up being right.

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
He just did it with his post.
I just did a quick search of "Zion Griffin" and mentions of @Deuce0_ and there was not one person attacking him. I think this is him trying to block out any negativity regarding the entire team and any possible distractions, which I think is a good move for anyone, athlete or not.

Help Support Us

Become a patron