*** Official IOWA STATE VS TCU Game(Day) Thread ***

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
If you read through this thread you will find evidence of witnesses to Prohm saying to foul.

Prohm's plans and his offensive identity are questionable, but the last ten seconds of this game probably look way better for him if his players listen.

Do you realize how much of coaching is getting your players to do what you tell them to? These are his players that he recruited here. If they don't follow his direction that is 100% on him.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Just said on the radio that they were going to foul right about where bolton was screened. Wanted to get a little time off the clock 3ish seconds before fouling.

One coach had a plan, the other coach had a plan to set the screen right at the point where the first coach had instructed his team to foul. Seems like a coaching decision...not execution. Dixon was one step ahead of Prohm, Prohm never expected a screen there, he ignorantly thought they'd just let us foul them.

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
Much better tonight, good effort which is all I want to see from here on our. Prohm struggles to get his teams to play hard every night so just seeing that the rest of the year is important to me. This team is going nowhere so after accepting that I just want to see guys playing hard.

He should have fouled much earlier, played certain guys too much, but whatever. It’s a really limited team overall. A great coach would get this team in the tourney with Halliburton alone but steve just isn’t there yet at this point in his career.

I thought conditt was fantastic. Why it took this long to get him more minutes I have no idea.

It was two below average teams with one great player. K state, ou, Texas, ok state, Tcu...all average at best teams...lot out there so will be a lot of these close ones.

• Funny
Reactions: nickcyv

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
One coach had a plan, the other coach had a plan to set the screen right at the point where the first coach had instructed his team to foul. Seems like a coaching decision...not execution. Dixon was one step ahead of Prohm, Prohm never expected a screen there, he ignorantly thought they'd just let us foul them.

Dixon might be the greatest coach in history to draw up a screen to bank in a near half court 3. He's such a great coach I am surprised he's even in that situation.

nickcyv

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 29, 2009
Much better tonight, good effort which is all I want to see from here on our. Prohm struggles to get his teams to play hard every night so just seeing that the rest of the year is important to me. This team is going nowhere so after accepting that I just want to see guys playing hard.

He should have fouled much earlier, played certain guys too much, but whatever. It’s a really limited team overall. A great coach would get this team in the tourney with Halliburton alone but steve just isn’t there yet at this point in his career.

I thought conditt was fantastic. Why it took this long to get him more minutes I have no idea.

It was two below average teams with one great player. K state, ou, Texas, ok state, Tcu...all average at best teams...lot out there so will be a lot of these close ones.

This can’t be where we are at already... as long as they try hard? Yikes

• Funny
Reactions: CyBobby

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Do you realize how much of coaching is getting your players to do what you tell them to? These are his players that he recruited here. If they don't follow his direction that is 100% on him.

Yes but the players not getting to what the coach wanted happens more than you'd think. I can guarantee it.

There's a story from the 2001 Nebraska/ISU game in Lincoln where Larry drew up some play at the end, and Jamal gathered the guys out in the court and said something like 'I don't know what the **** he just said, but this is what we're going to do' and then he hit Martin Rancik for a game winner.

• Winner
  • Funny
Reactions: CyBobby and cygrads

HoustonClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Yes but the players not getting to what the coach wanted happens more than you'd think. I can guarantee it.

There's a story from the 2001 Nebraska/ISU game in Lincoln where Larry drew up some play at the end, and Jamal gathered the guys out in the court and said something like 'I don't know what the **** he just said, but this is what we're going to do' and then he hit Martin Rancik for a game winner.

Larry Sucks! Fire Larry. ;)

• Funny
Reactions: LincolnSwinger

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I know this is going to be a witch hunt but here's my question on the end of regulation. If I'm Conditt guarding a guy shooting 35% from the line. When he sets a pick at half court I blow the screener up from the side before the ball handler ever gets there.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Prohm just said on post game he didn’t want to foul to early. There you have it

FBCurt heard the same post game and had a completely different take. I've always trusted his posts over many others on here... No reason for me to change my view.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
Well first of all, announcers are from experts on the rules, nor are they very great at strategy, but i never said don't foul, or don't foul early. I just said that you can't foul before the inbounds pass, because they will likely call an intentional foul.

My preference was that they foul as soon as TCU started dribbling. It didn't get done.

Well I shouldn't have said on the in bound, that was more hyperbole. I guess I should have had a drink before I posted. But I certainly wouldn't have waited until half court. As soon as they started dribbling we should have been fouling.

And yes, I know that Prohm did call for a foul, but it seems he got outcoached by Dixon once again.

clones8232

Jun 5, 2015

Jamal isn’t on this team...or anyone comparable

• Agree
Reactions: CyBobby

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Larry Sucks! Fire Larry. ;)

I think Larry's plan for the 99-00 team. Hi-low, get it to Marcus often, everyone look to drive to the hoop and get open if you don't have the ball.

Run plays 1 or 2 occasionally.

Defense: stay with your guy, don't let him do ANYTHING or you're sleeping outside.

'Break!'

Obviously exaggerated but having the players makes a difference.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron