Possible Decommitment

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyclonesMoney

Sep 12, 2017
Is Blackwell a upper 4 star or 5 recruit? Okay no need to sweat on these average players that won’t even be developed into something. Get rid off mediocre Prohm and bring in a coach that will make this team decent. Prohm has destroyed what Fred built. Time to move on from this experiment. We thank and love coach Prohm but we need to move on to a different direction. This is business based opinion and nothing against coach Prohm as a human being which I think he’s a fabulous person, just not a coach for ISU caliber. ISU is too big of a school to accept mediocrity. Coach Prohm is mediocre for ISU level and I’m not trying to disrespect the man, this is just a fact.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
Is Blackwell a upper 4 star or 5 recruit? Okay no need to sweat on these average players that won’t even be developed into something. Get rid off mediocre Prohm and bring in a coach that will make this team decent. Prohm has destroyed what Fred built. Time to move on from this experiment. We thank and love coach Prohm but we need to move on to a different direction. This is business based opinion and nothing against coach Prohm as a human being which I think he’s a fabulous person, just not a coach for ISU caliber. ISU is too big of a school to accept mediocrity. Coach Prohm is mediocre for ISU level and I’m not trying to disrespect the man, this is just a fact.
Honestly the fact is, Hilton has occasionally been a great home court advantage, but other than that Iowa St basketball is very mediocre. How many sweet 16s, elite 8s, and final 4s in the last 25 or 30 years.

What makes Iowa St greater than K St, Baylor, Oklahoma, Iowa, Creighton, etc?

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
Honestly the fact is, Hilton has occasionally been a great home court advantage, but other than that Iowa St basketball is very mediocre. How many sweet 16s, elite 8s, and final 4s in the last 25 or 30 years.

the truth is, nothing. but goodluck getting someone to admit that here

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007

Which is why we cannot accept watching Prohm regress this program. If you want to do something relevant than we need a really good coach here building on the position that Johnny, Floyd, LE and Fred have built the program to.

• Disagree
Reactions: royalcy

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Going off topic and on a tangent here, but this mess does make me wonder how things could have gone if Larry Eustachy hadn't been a raging alcoholic with serious anger management issues.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
So what happens if Foster ends up like Marcus Fizer?

*No, not a comparison talent wise, but his career was sub .500 team, coach change (iirc he at first didn't like Eustachy) to a .500 record, to the best team in school history.

Cbball was totally different 20 years ago, it's free agency now, kids are much more likely to bolt if the guy that recruited them gets fired. We'll have an entire roster overhaul if Prohm gets canned, pretty standard these days unless a coach moves on from a successful program by his own choice.

• Agree
Reactions: MeowingCows

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL

I’ll give you KSU, Baylor and Oklahoma. Those 3 programs have Elite 8’s recently, and a Final Four for OU.
But, Iowa hasn’t been to the Sweet 16 since 1999 (once since 1988) and Creighton hasn’t been there since 1974.
ISU has had a lot more success than either of those programs in the last 20 years.
ISU might be mediocre on the national level, but when compared to Iowa and Creighton over the last 20-30 years, ISU is better.

I only use NCAA Tourney results as a guide because that’s literally the only thing that matters.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
I’ll give you KSU, Baylor and Oklahoma. Those 3 programs have Elite 8’s recently, and a Final Four for OU.
But, Iowa hasn’t been to the Sweet 16 since 1999 (once since 1988) and Creighton hasn’t been there since 1974.
ISU has had a lot more success than either of those programs in the last 20 years.
ISU might be mediocre on the national level, but when compared to Iowa and Creighton over the last 20-30 years, ISU is better.

I only use NCAA Tourney results as a guide because that’s literally the only thing that matters.

Creighton was mid major for most that time, not really a fair comparison. Even with that being the case, they've draw bigger crowds than we have for at least the last 15 years.

CyclonesMoney

Sep 12, 2017
the truth is, nothing. but goodluck getting someone to admit that here
Fred proved we can be a force to reckon with and anybody coming into Hilton magic if we have a good coach, knows what time it is. So getting a good coach should not be a problem. Before Fred left we, we were having 5 star recruits seriously considering Iowa state, not anymore and that should be a concern to everyone that loves Iowa State.

Darius Bieber

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 22, 2017
San Antonio, TX
Fred proved we can be a force to reckon with and anybody coming into Hilton magic if we have a good coach, knows what time it is. So getting a good coach should not be a problem. Before Fred left we, we were having 5 star recruits seriously considering Iowa state, not anymore and that should be a concern to everyone that loves Iowa State.

The only good talking points for recruits now is that we have several former ISU players playing decently in the NBA.

CyclonesMoney

Sep 12, 2017
Foster's career here is doomed to end up like Lazards if he sticks around 4 years, lots of beatdowns, a coaching change, and if hes not good enough to declare early his senior year would be the soonest the program is competitive again.
Lazard is God just like Matt Campbell is. What Lazard are you talking about?

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
Which is why we cannot accept watching Prohm regress this program. If you want to do something relevant than we need a really good coach here building on the position that Johnny, Floyd, LE and Fred have built the program to.
Orr and Fred proved that Iowa St basketball, and the fans, are never actually dead. Bring in some talent, win games at Hilton, and the fan support will be there. What's crazy is that of those 4 coaches, Orr and Fred were the worst.

I'm not going to get overly concerned, and freak out after every loss because I know for a fact JP won't fire Prohm in-seaon, and it's pretty likely he won't after this season either. However, Iowa St fans have proved that they won't really ever let the football or basketball programs die.

New coach just has to bring in some talent, win a few games, and show progression, then the fans will be back in force. After that, we just hope the new guy is really legit. I would say with Campbell we're right between showing progression, and yet to be determined if Campbell is legitimately elite.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Cbball was totally different 20 years ago, it's free agency now, kids are much more likely to bolt if the guy that recruited them gets fired. We'll have an entire roster overhaul if Prohm gets canned, pretty standard these days unless a coach moves on from a successful program by his own choice.

I'd say it's even changed drastically in the last 5 years in regards to rosters blowing up on a coaching change.

Hoggins

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 2, 2019
Which is the absolute worst thing the fans can do to the program. Did you forget how we landed Campbell?

By allowing tailgating to dominate game days where 40,000 people wanna drink and get wasted?

Prohm doesn’t have that luxury with basketball.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
By allowing tailgating to dominate game days where 40,000 people wanna drink and get wasted?

Prohm doesn’t have that luxury with basketball.
Odd take.... but no. It's supporting the program, even when they're not very good.

Do you honestly think that just because fans keep supporting the team, and going to games, that JP will not make a necessary coaching change?

Status
Not open for further replies.