Flight coming back from Orlando?

cyfreddy

Oct 15, 2006
Besides the outcome of the game, we had a great time in Orlando, until our flight back. Just curious how everyone's flight back from Orlando went as we had a pretty bumpy flight coming home, felt like we were on a roller coaster for about 1 1/2 hours of our flight. So glad to be home!

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008
Mine was fine but I flew out 2-hours after the game was over. I fly all around the world for my job and had one bad flight that has given me some anxiety when flying.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Didn't fly but our drive back was good. Left Orlando, went to Coco Beach for a bit, drove through Kennedy Space Center, then up the Interstate to Jacksonville before getting back on our normal route home. Got back to Newton at 9:15 AM.

cycloneted

Apr 19, 2006
Des Moines
Santa got me a seat on the alumni charter this year. The chartered flight was supposed to leave Orlando at 9 AM yesterday, wheels actually went up at 4. Bus left the hotel at 6:30. Jeff Johnson, Gary Thompson, and I assume many other heavy hitters were on the flight.

It was a total train wreck of a day. We were all posted up at our gate, but no plane. After it became clear we'd be late, they (Eastern Airlines or Anthony Travel, or both) said whoops, plane is still in Miami, needs to fly up. Then, whoops, they put too much fuel on in Miami, so need to take care of that. Then it finally left, and they assured everyone once it lands, since nobody is on it, we'll be outta here real quick. Then it arrived, and whoops, need to wait for the fuel truck here. Then, whoops, no catering, need to wait for the catering. And wait, and wait. Surprisingly nobody lost it, and Jeff Johnson and others told them screw the food, let's just get out of here, they said no deal, gotta wait.

Then the plane was complete trash, wiped my tray table off with a wet wipe and it was just gross, as were others near me. Relief finally arrived, however, when they brought around the long-awaited catered food...and it was cold breakfast! A fruit cup with three pieces, plain bagel, little yogurt, and a mystery lemon pastry of some sort. And mimosas and screwdrivers, at least.

Not sure who screwed up, seems like the crappy Eastern Airlines to me, but I'm guessing there are a few disgruntled Cyclone travelers today (for good reason).

cyclone83

Apr 10, 2006
Santa got me a seat on the alumni charter this year. The chartered flight was supposed to leave Orlando at 9 AM yesterday, wheels actually went up at 4. Bus left the hotel at 6:30. Jeff Johnson, Gary Thompson, and I assume many other heavy hitters were on the flight.

It was a total train wreck of a day. We were all posted up at our gate, but no plane. After it became clear we'd be late, they (Eastern Airlines or Anthony Travel, or both) said whoops, plane is still in Miami, needs to fly up. Then, whoops, they put too much fuel on in Miami, so need to take care of that. Then it finally left, and they assured everyone once it lands, since nobody is on it, we'll be outta here real quick. Then it arrived, and whoops, need to wait for the fuel truck here. Then, whoops, no catering, need to wait for the catering. And wait, and wait. Surprisingly nobody lost it, and Jeff Johnson and others told them screw the food, let's just get out of here, they said no deal, gotta wait.

Then the plane was complete trash, wiped my tray table off with a wet wipe and it was just gross, as were others near me. Relief finally arrived, however, when they brought around the long-awaited catered food...and it was cold breakfast! A fruit cup with three pieces, plain bagel, little yogurt, and a mystery lemon pastry of some sort. And mimosas and screwdrivers, at least.

Not sure who screwed up, seems like the crappy Eastern Airlines to me, but I'm guessing there are a few disgruntled Cyclone travelers today (for good reason).
Just be grateful you made it back at all since Eastern Airlines went bankrupt in 1991.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
I flew TWA. No complaints.

I was fine until my connecting flight from Minneapolis on the Northwest Airlink

0526982.jpg

Reactions: deadeyededric

Scott34

Mar 16, 2007
Cedar Rapids
We didnt leave Orlando till yesterday evening. Flight was supposed to leave at 745 pm but was delayed for flight coming in from KC. Flight was pretty bad but once we got past it we were fine. So basically the first half was pretty bad but the bad weather we were flying into was the cause of the problems.

clonerules

Apr 11, 2006
Besides the outcome of the game, we had a great time in Orlando, until our flight back. Just curious how everyone's flight back from Orlando went as we had a pretty bumpy flight coming home, felt like we were on a roller coaster for about 1 1/2 hours of our flight. So glad to be home!

Must have been on the Frontier flight.

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
We flew 6 pm Frontier last night. It was bumpy as the storm was pretty large through the lower midwest. They tried avoiding it as much as possible. Left on time, got in 1/2 hour early. Pretty great non-stop from MCO-DSM for $120.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
We flew 6 pm Frontier last night. It was bumpy as the storm was pretty large through the lower midwest. They tried avoiding it as much as possible. Left on time, got in 1/2 hour early. Pretty great non-stop from MCO-DSM for $120.

How'd you get your so cheap?

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
I flew down to Orlando a few months ago and got round trip out of MSP for two hundred bucks a seat. Not a single complaint there or back. Sounds like a lot of turbulence for you folks this past weekend.

Actually, I have one complaint. sun country airlines doesn't have computer check in, so I had to sit in line behind a group of special needs travelers (not the problem) but the gate agent (the problem) trying to check in all of their specialized equipment and personal assistants took a very long time because he couldn't understand that these were adults that needed assistance. seems odd it wouldn't be cheaper to have a touch screen kiosk do all that work for you.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
Chicago wasn’t too terrible coming in even with the short runway landing (I was also out cold 2/3rds of the flight with lack of sleep the night before), flew out of MCO at 6:15am. Des Moines was pretty bumpy coming to land though.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I took a TPA/DCA flight back on Sunday morning.

Tons of cardinal and gold on that one/elsewhere in the airport.

I assume people were connecting about everywhere.

Help Support Us

Become a patron