• I do not believe he is the right man for the job

Votes: 168 44.3%
  • I do believe he is the right man for the job

Votes: 211 55.7%

• Total voters

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
I was there for the first Johnny Orr years and I can tell you it is much more fun to root for and watch a team of underdogs win than it is to watch a bunch of more talented players half ass their way through the season playing hero ball to impress the NBA scouts.

Prohm seems like a great guy and his recruiting has been good. I do wonder if he is a "my way or the highway" type of coach. He seems to have problems with players who might not share, as young adults, the moral standards that he espouses. I'm not sure he could have gotten along with a DeAndre Kane or a Bryce Dejean-Jones. Lard was one he obviously could not get along with. That may have been Lard's fault, but it may have been that Lard just couldn't live according to Prohm's rules.

Or Prohm's Val
Famous last words before complete program collapse. There was a huge chunk of people saying the same thing about Rhoads too.

Most every fan wanted to give Paul Rhoads One more year ....Until....The KState game down in Manhattan.....I told my wife, "Dont be surprised if Jamie Pollard Fires Rhoads tonight"....Actually JP waited until the next day to Fire cpr....If ever a Firing was justified that was it my friends

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
Exactly where I stand.
It doesn’t seem to be a talent issue. Multiple NBA caliber players last year. Potential lottery pick on this years team.
Might be time for a little shakeup on the staff. Someone to help with game planning and in game coaching.
I disagree. This year, we have a major talent problem. TH is great, but needs to be surrounded by more capable players. I think we only have two true B12 level talents on the team. No shooters and no size is a bad combination. I will not bash people by name, but we just do not have sufficient talent. We all know we lost a ton from last year. Our only hope was to get game ready transfers or freshman. That did not happen. If you are going to get talented kids capable of being 1-2 year players, then you can not afford a bad recruiting class. I like Grill and Jackson. They will be capable players their junior year. They are not game ready right now.
IMO.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
To provide context\a little cold water to those points though:

-That KU team was the worst KU team in a decade+
-We won the big 12 tournament by playing the #2 seed without a key player, and got to avoid the #1 seed because they somehow had a huge upset in the first round. It was a hell of a fun trip, but it was a bit fluky.
-We promptly lost in the first round
- We've recruited well by rankings under prohm, many analysts thought we were the most talented team in the big 12 last year. Talent doesnt necessarily mean results
- That top 25 win came after they lost a player that put up 18 on us in the first go-around.

Yep, not intentionally trying as hard as you can to diminish the accomplishments of the team.

no agenda here

what a joke.

cyclones12321

Feb 21, 2009
Newton Ia
I’m not happy with the outcome so far but give me a break. He basically just lost his whole lineup from last year. It’s another rebuilding year that happens to have a first rounder on the roster. Unless your blue bloods then you’re going to have a fall when you lose a bunch of guys to the nba.

• Dislike
Reactions: CloneFan4

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Because you have to look at things as a whole. What i posted, by itself? That'd be a pretty negative view of the season. What that tweet posted? Would be an overly rosy view of how things were. You have to view the good and the bad in context.

lol. Context. That’s funny.

imagine being so against the coach that you can’t even enjoy big wins.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
I'm still supportive for now. But if this year continues like it looks, having two "reset" years in a 3 year window isn't exactly the trajectory anyone wants to see.

His recruiting has been great. His ability to get those recruits to play well together hasn't been. We have 3 borderline NBA players on our roster last year plus an oversees pro. And we couldn't put it together.

• Agree
Reactions: Bigman38

cycjob

Oct 10, 2014
I'll repeat, per Johnny Orr, if you play hard, entertaining basketball fans will tolerate not winning as much as they would like.

If the product on the floor is poor and or boring, fans will not be tolerant.

I am observing the quality of the product on the floor going down dramatically and the basketball being played is not entertaining. It is not because of a lack of talent, it has to be the coaching.

No fans like being humiliated by lousy teams on their home floor.

• Winner
  • Agree
Reactions: pulse and pdxclone