• I do not believe he is the right man for the job

Votes: 168 44.3%
  • I do believe he is the right man for the job

Votes: 211 55.7%

• Total voters

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Losing to Kirk is a lot different than losing to Fran. One is an actual good head coach, and the other one is a meme due to his temper tantrums in games. I'm not sure why people are being so intentionally obtuse about this(well, I do know, but that's not related to the point.) The only thing Kirk and Fran have in common is that they both coach sports at Iowa. It's like if people were trying to compare Fred to Paul Rhoads.

The hawks were better than us. The hawks are better than us. They had continuity on the floor and they played with an intensity and a want-to we couldn't replicate. Whether that's talent, coaching or chemistry they beat the pants of us. Credit to Fran since he recruited, trained and coached those guys. Maybe he's not the cartoon you want him to be.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
I'm not sure whether you're really this dumb or you're just intentionally distorting what I'm saying in your frantic effort to stamp out any criticism of our program. Either way, I'll elaborate.

No, of course I'm not suggesting Prohm share publicly everything he says in private. I agree, that doesn't serve anyone and besides, there's no need - we all knew the source of Lard's issues anyway.

But how many games did we ask ourselves whether Lard was still in the doghouse? Whether he would play at all, much less how many minutes? Is he suspended or not? Once Lard got off his early suspension, it remained a theme throughout the rest of the season, and Prohm's vagueness about it all only fed the issue.

I'll repost and rephrase my reply to your same post. I will wager large sums of money each and every one of those kids knows exactly where they stand with CSP. Just because YOU don't know doesn't mean the players and coaches that spend countless hours together in practice, meetings don't know.

I'm not defending CSP (I do and will continue to do so BTW) I'm saying what you feel you are entitled to, you are not.

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
I voted: "I do believe he is the right man for the job", but where is the "undecided" option? Every poll needs an undecided option to keep the world guessing...

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
I'll repost and rephrase my reply to your same post. I will wager large sums of money each and every one of those kids knows exactly where they stand with CSP. Just because YOU don't know doesn't mean the players and coaches that spend countless hours together in practice, meetings don't know.

I'm not defending CSP (I do and will continue to do so BTW) I'm saying what you feel you are entitled to, you are not.

Nobody needed, much less asked for, you to repost or rephrase anything. Reading comprehension would be a welcome start, however.

• Creative
Reactions: isufbcurt

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
I like Prohm a lot and honestly I am really excited for the recruiting class next year and some of the talent on this team. In game coaching and strategy leaves a lot to be desired. Give him a couple more years, but if he can't win with the class coming in and the talent already on the team..... It might be time to go.

Without seeing any of the incoming kids play, I would absolute plan on red shirting 1 of them maybe Walker, I pick him based on his offer list.

• Disagree

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
If CSP does nothing but the players start hitting a few shots, does he still suck?
I'd say yes, he does. You can't rely on consistency on made shots. You still need an offensive scheme that runs plays. Freedom on offense is great, we've seen it work, but it's gotten to the point where I've seen more offense ran and adjustments made in Cap City League games than in Iowa State games.

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
Just plain old poor shooting is the biggest issue with this team. That and being out-hussled for rebounds and 50-50 balls. I'll be patient, and wait to see how the season unfolds. We all might be pleasantly surprised. Or maybe not playing on Saturday in Kansas City.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
There is enough talent for this team to win. He will continue to occasionally get unforeseen wins over the next couple years. This isn't going to fall apart....rather my concern is the slow slide backwards. The idea that at some point our fanbase will accept an NCCA tournament every other year...then every three years..that is my greatest fear. Not a complete free-fall. He is too good of a recruiter and motivator for that to happen.

I'm a CSP supporter but I sure don't think we have the raw talent to compete near the top of the conference. I've come to terms with that.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
If CSP does nothing but the players start hitting a few shots, does he still suck?
Nope. Lol. Some of this is shot selection but as I said in another post, you could see Prohm was extremely frustrated on some of the shots we were taking. A lot of the other shots were wide open and we've failed to hit any of those this year, especially when we desperately needed one. Halliburton is probably the only guy to hit a big three this year. Prohm needs to figure some things out with this team but the team itself has not helped out their coach much either. It's two-fold.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
7-11 with a lottery pick in a down Big 12 would be an absolute failure. That means a 15-16 season. That would be okay? Give me a break.
It certainly wouldn't be fun, but my expectations are tempered after last night.

Look our football team performed in a "down" Big 12 this year...it could absolutely be a case in the conference season Big 12 teams consuming each other

quasistellar

Feb 29, 2016
Our football team did exactly as well as they should have, in retrospect. I think people really glossed over the fact that our O-Line was the same sub-par O-Line as last year, and losing Montgomery+Butler. . . The UNI game was a taste of what was to come, not an aberration. Gah! Anyway, back to basketball :D

Ok that last post made me edit mine: OK State was competitive. . . it was tied in the 4th. Or are you talking about OU? We lost by 1 by not converting a 2pt attempt? K-state was one of those games where we got whooped but kept the score close enough to have a chance, so I'd say that was still "competitive".

Last edited:

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
I'm not fighting - I'm quibbling over your thought communication skills. A reasonable man with a hint of self reflection would re-read it and see where the miscommunication happened.

There's no miscommunication. He's arguing against himself.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
K-State, Oklahoma State

A 7 and 10 point game that those teams led or were tied in 3rd quarter aren’t competitive. I’ve been to games since 1986. You have no idea about non-competitive efforts.

• Winner