*** Official Iowa Vs IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Prohm ruined Wiggy and lost THT because he ruined Wiggy. Prohm can recruit somewhat but he can't coach. Who loses their entire moderately touted freshman class a month into the fall semester? I forgot about that.

this one I’m actually curious about. How was Lindell “ruined?”

And I get that you’re not here for fact based discussion, but there are two current freshmen playing in the rotation

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Is turning and watching the ball on a shot on defense while Iowa guys go right past you to get a rebound considered a schematic thing?

How about Jacobsen double teaming Garza per the game plan, then mysteriously leaving the double team to go guard empty court on the corner while Garza scores? How about Garza going baseline to baseline and beating three of our guys back on a fast break to rebound and finish? Or Wieskamp and McCaffery getting into the lane and finishing with our bigs having their back turned and oblivious to the guy driving right behind them?

I don't know that there is a schematic or gameplanning problem, but Prohm isn't getting these guys to execute consistently, sometimes on basic things.

Ah, so he doubled Garza.

I'd be that opened other things up, which is means he played to Iowa's game.

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA

And I get that you’re not here for fact based discussion, but there are two current freshmen playing in the rotation
There’s a reason why Lindell is not here this year, and he was well aware, prior to leaving, that he was not on any draft boards.

• Winner
Reactions: NoCreativity

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Ah, so he doubled Garza.

Iowa came out and hit a bunch of 3’s to start the game and get them going that opened up the inside. Didn’t understand much of the game plan tonight. If there was one, we got punched in the mouth right out the gate and shrunk from it. It really reminded me of what DePaul did to them.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Ah, so he doubled Garza.

I THink it was the right plan, but the DTs were pretty poorly executed. When it was done well Garza turned it over, forced a tough shot

Sometimes the double teams were late, not tight enough so Garza split it, and sometimes our guys would inexplicably bail early.

• Winner
  • Agree
Reactions: Snydes and cyfamily

cyups2323

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
I sat right behind garzas dad tonight. What an absolute moron. He was constantly screaming 3 seconds when we had the ball. Like continuously. Many times there wasn't even anyone in the lane. I have never seen a more classless group of people than the row of hawkeye fans in front of me tonight.

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
I sat right behind garzas dad tonight. What an absolute moron. He was constantly screaming 3 seconds when we had the ball. Like continuously. Many times there wasn't even anyone in the lane. I have never seen a more classless group of people than the row of hawkeye fans in front of me tonight.
Most of the people who sit in those seats are parents of the visiting team, so it doesn’t surprise me one bit that a bunch of life-long hok mouth breathers were unbearable to be around.

CycloneDaddy

Sep 24, 2006
Johnston
Did u ask him how prison treated him?

• Agree
Reactions: ATCy

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
Prohm ruined Wiggy and lost THT because he ruined Wiggy. Prohm can recruit somewhat but he can't coach. Who loses their entire moderately touted freshman class a month into the fall semester? I forgot about that.

Yeah, there is really zero reason wiggington isn’t here, Other than he just didn’t like prohm...you can’t play the best player on the team 20 minutes, meanwhile playing Babb for 35 minutes and get nothing out of him...and expect anything other than what you got last year...these kids aren’t dumb, they know who should be playing

cdfree

Sep 5, 2011
Evanston, IL

If nothing else the dude has world class eyebrows. That has to be genetic.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Most of the people who sit in those seats are parents of the visiting team, so it doesn’t surprise me one bit that a bunch of life-long hok mouth breathers were unbearable to be around.

Being parents of the team, these are also people who had fran walk into their living rooms and they thought "I'd like my kid to spend the next 4 years playing for that guy". You know, morons.

• Agree
Reactions: jcisuclones

cdfree

Sep 5, 2011
Evanston, IL

Who cares. Wiggington peaked midway through his freshman year & never got better. Huge step back sophomore year mentally & physically & that's on Prohm. Apologists will blame his injury but the fact is he was fine by late December. Prohm's entire career is based off of his "development" of Cam Payne. However, Payne's out of the league and the fact is he took over a Murray State team that was a truly elite mid-major and maintained status quo. They're better now of course. Monte Morris is who he is now b/c of his drive, talent and Hoiberg, and despite the year with Prohm.

Yet, one can't really be in the "Fire Prohm" camp because the guy really is a monster recruiter. He gets them in, no doubt about it. He just can't coach, develop, or keep them. Sooner or later people will pick up on that. Halliburton may be the exception though. Hopefully. Let us pray.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron