Bohannon "Lames" Tweet

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Isn't that pretty much what Pemsl did last year? This is fun; like an annual tradition for them.
Actually Pemsl was much worse. He played in one game for them (UMKC) in early November then sat out every game for 4 weeks until he came off his deathbed to play 16 minutes against ISU then promptly announced he was shutting it down for the rest of the season. I'm not sure the game was even over when he made the announcement. :rolleyes:

EDIT and Correction: They had already announced on November 27th that his season was over and that he was having season ending surgery in December, but he showed up at the game as a big surprise even though he was supposedly done for the season.

"Cordell's procedure is to remove hardware near his knee from a previous surgery when he was in high school," said McCaffery. "It was hoped this procedure could wait until the end of the season, but is now determined the hardware removal is necessary before he will be able to return to the court.

"I have been attempting to play through some chronic irritation caused by the hardware during preseason practice, but after consulting with our training staff it is determined that the best course of action is to correct the problem before returning to the court. Although I am disappointed that I will be unable to help the team on the court this season, I am confident in my teammates and will do everything I can to be a good teammate from the sidelines."

"Before returning to the court" Too funny.

https://hawkeyesports.com/news/2018...dell-pemsl-to-have-season-ending-surgery.aspx

Last edited:

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Jokes on Bohannon. I call it Iowa Sh!tty. BURN!

Feel free to use that one guys. It's like Iowa City, but sh!tty. It's a pretty great burn.
source.gif

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Actually Pemsl was much worse. He played in one game for them (UMKC) in early November then sat out every game for 4 weeks until he came off his deathbed to play 16 minutes against ISU then promptly announced he was shutting it down for the rest of the season. I'm not sure the game was even over when he made the announcement. :rolleyes:

Anyone who couldn't tell Pencil's entire season last year was just to start a fight with ISU has been blinded by Fran ball love. It was the most obvious move of all time.

I'm actually surprised coaches don't do it more with a walk on or player they know they are redshirting, it's easy to get away with. Only requires a lack of character.

• Agree
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Why wouldn’t you if you were in his shoes? Winning a game against another quality team is much more important to Iowa’s season than beating Cal-Poly by a few more points.
He's gaming the system and absolutely violating the spirit of the NCAA guidelines. It's immoral, unethical, lame and wreaks of desperation.

Last edited:

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Anyone who couldn't tell Pencil's entire season last year was just to start a fight with ISU has been blinded by Fran ball love. It was the most obvious move of all time.

I'm actually surprised coaches don't do it more with a walk on or player they know they are redshirting, it's easy to get away with. Only requires a lack of character.

Yeah I know that Hok fans like to say that Prohm really went crazy for the only time last year vs. Iowa, but they forget that it was the only time in his time at ISU that he had an opposing coach and players behave that way during a game.

I'd like to see Fran pull that **** with Bobby Huggins.

• Agree
Reactions: HFCS

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Well, they invented every college sports tradition known to mankind, so it makes sense.

Always enjoy laughing at people acting like one of Iowa City, Lincoln, Ames, Lawrence, Manhattan(KS) is a world class metropolis and the other is a hick town dump.

Iowa City is fine. Ames is fine. Lawrence is fine. They are what they are which is 99% exactly the same town compared to other towns and cities across the US. If you searched the entire nation for towns most like Ames you'd probably come up with Iowa City, Lawrence and Manhattan(KS).

Only the most sheltered moron sees it as clever. Nobody should be surprised JBo is among them.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron