Bohannon "Lames" Tweet

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Could someone shed some light on the speculation earlier in this thread about this being Bohannon's last game this season? What am I missing, med redshirt?

I know he had hip surgery in the offseason, but they're already 10 games in, CyHawk being 11, that's more than 30% of the season to qualify for a medical redshirt.

He sat out a game earlier this season so he can play vs us tonight. Seriously

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Could someone shed some light on the speculation earlier in this thread about this being Bohannon's last game this season? What am I missing, med redshirt?

I know he had hip surgery in the offseason, but they're already 10 games in, CyHawk being 11, that's more than 30% of the season to qualify for a medical redshirt.

he didn’t play in one of the first 10.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN

He skipped a game against sisters of the poor so he would be able to play today. He will shut it down after the game.

GetAwesome

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 29, 2010
Cedar Falls, IA
He already sat out a game so that he could play in the ISU game. Franpire is obsessed with beating ISU, just like Brian Ferentz.

Wow. I was just about to edit my post as resolved as I found some recent articles to answer my question. Sitting a game just to play ISU, in Hilton, then trash talk on the eve of the game? Bold strategy.

Carry on with the return fire, y'all. Very well deserved.

Also, the NCAA rounding up the 30% game count calculation is awfully generous. I would have expected their latest changes to redshirt policy to err the other way.

Last edited:

SDCyclonesFamily

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 21, 2016

He didnt play against Cal Poly so he could play tonight. This will be his 10th game and I've read he is planning on shutting it down for the year after tonight's game.

istater7

Mar 31, 2010
Why wouldn’t you if you were in his shoes? Winning a game against another quality team is much more important to Iowa’s season than beating Cal-Poly by a few more points.

• Agree
Reactions: 85clone

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
Question: suppose there is a huge blizzard that forces them to cancel one of their games later in the season. Would that mean that at 10 games he would be over 30% of games played?

tenor.gif

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
Why wouldn’t you if you were in his shoes? Winning a game against another quality team is much more important to Iowa’s season than beating Cal-Poly by a few more points.

I think the question would be then why not sit out a second game so that you can be available against Cincinnati next week. I think we have some evidence from the Pemsl decision and this one that Iowa wants this one more than any other game on their schedule.

VTXCyRyD

Sep 2, 2010
Why wouldn't you want potentially your last basketball game ever to be in Hilton. If I were a basketball player, that is where I would want to go out too.

I couldn't even imagine playing my last game in Carver. Nothing but silence at the end of the game.

ILikeCy

Dec 16, 2008
Omaha
Question: suppose there is a huge blizzard that forces them to cancel one of their games later in the season. Would that mean that at 10 games he would be over 30% of games played?
I believe the rule is written as 30% of "scheduled" games, so it doesn't matter if it gets canceled.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver

I'd be concerned the NCAA wouldn't grant the redshirt if I was blatantly gaming the system.

• Agree
Reactions: jcyclonee

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron