Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

CyberJJJ

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2006
Johnston, IA
Pretty sure ISU trainers had Ron Falenscheck wrapped each leg like a mummy from the waist down back in the day.

I remember that from my first game in Hilton. There was someone else on the team similarly wrapped so thought the whole team was the walking wounded. Might have been Estes or Kunnert if I have my years right.

Gitwitit

Dec 31, 2008
Bohannon and Connor on the floor together was better than Bohannon and Moss?
In certain situations...yes. Not all the time. As stated previously, if Iowa was being pressed they were better off having Connor and Bohannon on the floor together. When Iowa's offense was stagnant it was sometimes beneficial to have Bohannon at the two running off picks rather than Moss. If you watch Iowa with any regularity, you would often know within the first 5 minutes of the game how Moss' night would go. If he hits his first shot, he normally had a pretty decent game. If he comes out and misses a couple, it's normally not a good night for him. That's just how his career went. It's not a small sample size.

I'm not saying Connor is a better all around player than Moss and I haven't said that at all. You know as well as I do that Bohannon is not a pg but often plays the position out of necessity. Bohannon is much more effective running off screens etc looking for his shot. Connor playing more minutes as the season went along had to do more with freeing up Bohannon than anything.

• Funny
Reactions: Rural

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
In certain situations...yes. Not all the time. As stated previously, if Iowa was being pressed they were better off having Connor and Bohannon on the floor together. When Iowa's offense was stagnant it was sometimes beneficial to have Bohannon at the two running off picks rather than Moss. If you watch Iowa with any regularity, you would often know within the first 5 minutes of the game how Moss' night would go. If he hits his first shot, he normally had a pretty decent game. If he comes out and misses a couple, it's normally not a good night for him. That's just how his career went. It's not a small sample size.

I'm not saying Connor is a better all around player than Moss and I haven't said that at all. You know as well as I do that Bohannon is not a pg but often plays the position out of necessity. Bohannon is much more effective running off screens etc looking for his shot. Connor playing more minutes as the season went along had to do more with freeing up Bohannon than anything.

You keep talking about offense but Connor and Bohannon can't guard anyone. So not only where they worse offensively out there together they were significantly worse defensively. Solid strategy Fran!

Gitwitit

Dec 31, 2008
You keep talking about offense but Connor and Bohannon can't guard anyone. So not only where they worse offensively out there together they were significantly worse defensively. Solid strategy Fran!
Moss wasn't a good defender either. Maybe that's on the coaches but two things he didn't improve at in his 4 yrs in IC were ball handling and defense. They play a lot of zone no matter which one of those guys is in there anyway. They are giving up 71.1 ppg this year so far. 2018-2019 was 73.9 ppg. 2017-2018 was 76.7 ppg and 2016-2017 was 78.1 ppg. Trending in the right direction due to a lot of different circumstances but to claim Moss is a huge loss defensively is just not true.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Rural

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Watch much Iowa basketball? No you obviously don't. The reason Connor played more was so Bohannon could play the two and Connor played the point. Moss wasnt capable of playing pg.

I use Shaq because that proves how ineffective turnover % is in comparing players that dont play the same position and have completely different roles on the team.

Dude you’re really confused about everything.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Not only is Moss a better basketball player than the entitled one but I'm not convinced Moss couldn't give his $hitty batting average a run for the money.
Moss is a better overall basketball player than Connor.. It's seriously a stupid argument. The only reason Connor sees minutes is because he's the coach's son and that's primarily the reason why Moss transferred.

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
Moss wasn't a good defender either. Maybe that's on the coaches but two things he didn't improve at in his 4 yrs in IC were ball handling and defense.
I struggle to recall any player that has improved much during their career at Iowa over the past ten years.

• Agree
Reactions: JP4CY

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
upload_2019-12-2_15-30-57.png

who had a better decade of holiday tournaments?

Focus more so on location, prestige and opponents rather than results

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
View attachment 68972

I think they're decently close but the Maui Invitational is the one that jumps off the page, and this year's Battle for Atlantis was talked about as one of the best fields in a Thanksgiving tournament of all time, so advantage good guys.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
View attachment 68972

I do not remember opponents/prestige as well as some of you might.

The locations are pretty similar, though -- everybody just rotates through these things on a rolling basis, after all, even if Iowa goes to New York quite often.

We seem to enjoy tropical locations more, but I know my wife would love to trade one basketball game for like seven Broadway shows on a NYC trip.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron