The Insider Information Weekly Mailbag - Questions Submission

VegasCy

Dec 16, 2018
ESPN BPI has us with a 66% chance to beat Michigan on Wednesday. I think if both teams play well, we a decent shot of winning. What are your thoughts on this game? Also, last year we found ourselves in Maui even though we were in the consolation bracket. Would you rather beat Michigan and lose to UNC and Gonzaga or lose to Michigan, but have two quality wins like we did last year?

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
If you could schedule 1 non conference game in football and basketball who would the opponent be and where would the game be played

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
Throwing a couple of questions at the buzzer:
1. Is it appropriate to check out the hotties during church service, and if so, what is your go-to move to not be too obvious?
2. Do you cheat on CF with other forums? Which ones?

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
ESPN BPI has us with a 66% chance to beat Michigan on Wednesday. I think if both teams play well, we a decent shot of winning. What are your thoughts on this game? Also, last year we found ourselves in Maui even though we were in the consolation bracket. Would you rather beat Michigan and lose to UNC and Gonzaga or lose to Michigan, but have two quality wins like we did last year?
Fun fact: we left Maui with the same record in the tournament that Duke did at 2W1L. Too bad it was our first game we lost. :(

VegasCy

Dec 16, 2018
Some thoughts from the So Miss game:

1. Why do I always attract the crazies? I was sitting in front of the lone So Miss fan in the building and she was beyond nasty. It got to a point, with the swearing and the negativity, it was beyond awkward, even my Hok wife was uncomfortable.
2. Offensively we looked fine, there were few possessions that were train wrecks, we just need to start making shots.
3. SY looks good. You could tell last year, in limited action, that his offensive game has improved. I look forward to seeing him play this week and beyond.
4. GC has troubles as an on-the-ball defender. He is great as help, but seems to get abused in one-on- one situations.
5. TH took over the game shooting 4 shots total.
6. Our help and recover defense is awful. We kept getting backdoored and our rotations were awful after we help, which led to 3 possessions in a row that were dunks for So Miss.

What is the upside of this team and what area do you want to see the most improvement in the non conference?

Reactions: bozclone

VegasCy

Dec 16, 2018
1. Is it appropriate to check out the hotties during church service, and if so, what is your go-to move to not be too obvious?
Number 2 would be a never.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006

1) I don't go to church unless somebody died or is getting married.
2) Yes, 247.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
I'd rather beat Michigan and get our shot at the big boys. A loss to a blue blood is never a bad thing for your resume.

• Agree
Reactions: GTO