Socks...

When I put my socks on in the morning, I...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
I generally don't put mine on until I am leaving but the shoes are downstairs and the socks are upstairs soooo

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

STATE12

Jul 8, 2015
What kind of monster walks around their house with shoes on?

My thought exactly.

Always shocked when friends or family come over and stroll on in through the house with their shoes still on. Do you know what filth you're tracking though my house?!?

• Winner
Reactions: Angie and JM4CY

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
tenor.gif

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Immediately!! If I just walk around in socks and I step in water/milk/juice/beer/mixed drink that was spilled. I might as well do this and go back to bed:

giphy.gif

Wet socks are like my biggest bugaboo!! Worse than fingernails on a chalkboard.

Need an option C. "if you notice holes in socks, grab another pair and put them on."

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: oldman

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Nice to see the germaphobes are showing strong in the thread.

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
Socks are a layer of insulation between feet and cold floors. Or add a pair of indoor slippers that didn't walk through dirty ground and floors 30 minutes before at the store or at work.

Or just walk around in bare feet until you're ready, THEN put on both socks and shoes at the same time.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Immediately!! If I just walk around in socks and I step in water/milk/juice/beer/mixed drink that was spilled. I might as well do this and go back to bed:

giphy.gif

Wet socks are like my biggest bugaboo!! Worse than fingernails on a chalkboard.

Need an option C. "if you notice holes in socks, grab another pair and put them on.
In my adult age of responsibility and increased fiscal stability, I've had to force a change in myself in regards to socks with holes in them. Walking around with a hole in my sock drives me bonkers, but unless it's big enough to render the sock unwearable, I have a hard time bringing myself to throw them away. So, if I notice a hole, I will purposely rip it much bigger, so that I have no choice but to get rid of them. If I didn't do that, I'd probably still have socks from high school. Also, it's incredibly satisfying to rip a sock, for some reason.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
In my adult age of responsibility and increased fiscal stability, I've had to force a change in myself in regards to socks with holes in them. Walking around with a hole in my sock drives me bonkers, but unless it's big enough to render the sock unwearable, I have a hard time bringing myself to throw them away. So, if I notice a hole, I will purposely rip it much bigger, so that I have no choice but to get rid of them. If I didn't do that, I'd probably still have socks from high school

I swear my right big toe nail has put a hole in half my socks. I don't know if it is due to the shoes I wear, the angle of my toe nail or what. Very perplexing. I actually went to Walmart yesterday and bought a 12 pack of socks.

BTW why don't socks come in packs of 4 or 6? Seem like they just come in a single pair or a dozen.

Reactions: Angie

kcdc4isu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2009
west of dm east of cb
I read somewhere that bear feet in the house was hard on carpet due to the oils in our bodies. No remember who states this but I just like the feel of socks (no shoes) in the house.

edit: thank those of you who have pointed out my error in my post, this dam* english language that has words pronounced the same but mean something different trip us up sometimes BARE feet are the issue but hope I made your day

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
In my adult age of responsibility and increased fiscal stability, I've had to force a change in myself in regards to socks with holes in them. Walking around with a hole in my sock drives me bonkers, but unless it's big enough to render the sock unwearable, I have a hard time bringing myself to throw them away. So, if I notice a hole, I will purposely rip it much bigger, so that I have no choice but to get rid of them. If I didn't do that, I'd probably still have socks from high school. Also, it's incredibly satisfying to rip a sock, for some reason.
I do the same with the holes in my socks. It gets rid of the temptation to wear them one more time.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron