Twedt no longer committed

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
[QUOTE="NATEizKING, post: 6888548, member: 11848Blaise Gunnerson was a loss, Cyclone family going to a certain 90's esque program.[/QUOTE]

That’s still a weird one to me.

• Agree
Reactions: skibumspe

PsychedCy09

Jul 8, 2018
Seriously? Isn't Dekkers the #2 player in the state?

Cole Pedersen is #4, Tyler Miller is #8 and Brady Petersen is #9.

Twedt has dropped in the rankings. He is #9 in state for 2021. We might not even land any in-state kids in 2021 and that would be ok. We are in on plenty of good out of state kids.

Are we really not in on any of 2021 recruits? I’d think some of them have to be ISU leaning

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
Are we really not in on any of 2021 recruits? I’d think some of them have to be ISU leaning
We are in on Bollers, who is the #1 prospect in the state. There's also a TE who has some big offers including LSU, but from what I have heard he is an Iowa fan. Good thing about that is Iowa has two really good TE commits in 2020. Then there is a WR from Ankeny that is warm to ISU and Iowa. I don't know where we stand with him.

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
Awesome. So we look like we will get zero of 247sports top ten HS players in 2021. This staffs inability to recruit the state is actually getting worse.

Who the hell cares where the talent comes from as long as we continue to bring in talent? Each year this staff has set recruiting records here so there shouldn't be a worry that they'll continue to find players in other places.

As far as Twedt goes, the staff hasnt contacted him since September, when he decided to explore other options via school visits. Given Campbell's ability to evaluate talent, if he isn't concerned with losing this one, neither should we.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
I’m going to be honest... who really cares? Yes in state recruits are great but there’s a lot more talent outside of our state.
No kidding, it's not like Iowa is known for being a hotbed of recruiting... Plenty of other places to look. Loyalty to home alone doesn't win games, and our recruiting has been awesome under Campbell.

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
No thanks to Campbell..... or that ISU is still an option, etc, etc?? Pretty low class letter IMO.

ISU and Coach Campbell offered you a full ride worth probaby $100,000 or more... that you basically accepted..... but no thanking them or anything?

I wouldn't feel the need to thank someone that completely cut contact off. Its the way this business goes. Nothing against Campbell, but it wasn't low class at all to remit a thank you to the staff.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
No thanks to Campbell..... or that ISU is still an option, etc, etc?? Pretty low class letter IMO.

ISU and Coach Campbell offered you a full ride worth probaby $100,000 or more... that you basically accepted..... but no thanking them or anything?
ISU wanted him until IIRC Twedt made a poor decision while on the ISU campus and ISU shut him out.

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
It's going to take a decade or more of winning to start getting the best in state recruits - so many brain washed Hawks who in turn are brainwashing as many kids as possible. I know my daughter in law is a hawk fan and has my granddaughter booing Iowa State at the age of 9 - seriously depressing.

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
I’m going to be honest... who really cares? Yes in state recruits are great but there’s a lot more talent outside of our state.
I may have been a little agitated when I posted but the answer is CMC. He made it a point for him and his staff to visit all the HS in the state when he got the job. It is important to be able to recruit in your own backyard. You take a lot less time and resources doing so. I think he understands that.

CMC recruiting is going great, but if you are traveling 500 plus miles to visit all the recruits it will wear the coaches down. We have to get that local base to make it easier for the coaches and the program to succeed.