STAFF PICKS: Xavier Foster

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
All joking aside I'm sorry guys. The puppet masters in his recruitment played us. There was extreme confidence with him for months. Not the first time it's happened to ISU and won't be the last

I'll admit you had me convinced......forgot its ISU. things are never ever for us and never will. wow. horrible sports weekend for me.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Just wondering a broad description of your source(s)? I’ve got people on both sides telling me it’s Iowa and it has been since last weekend and this week has just been formalities. Both staffs have been aware since that time.

dang then what you’re saying is that cytwins saying everything was good as of yesterday wasn’t true?

god dammit. I don’t know who to believe anymore.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010
So, what happens if Osky gets 5 inches of snow tonight and school is delayed or canceled tomorrow? This thing can't be over soon enough. Feels like we are getting toyed around with and I'm totally sick of the whole dramatic ordeal no matter who he chooses.

• Agree
  • Winner
Reactions: ATCy and BigCyFan

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I'll admit you had me convinced......forgot its ISU. things are never ever for us and never will. wow. horrible sports weekend for me.

This doesn't even rate as part of a disappointing weekend. It's been a real ***** of 2 days for Iowa State, but anyone that is more than mildly disappointed that Foster is going to Iowa is silly.

• Agree
Reactions: GTO and BigCyFan

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
This doesn't even rate as part of a disappointing weekend. It's been a real ***** of 2 days for Iowa State, but anyone that is more than mildly disappointed that Foster is going to Iowa is silly.

hes a kid. If he goes to Iowa we will see how good he is for Fran.

I have to say, not sure what to think about frans ability to develop talent. I also feel bad for the kid if he isn’t all he’s cracked up to be.

I don’t ever want him to feel so upset he shushes his own crowd after a dunk like the last guy did.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
hes a kid. If he goes to Iowa we will see how good he is for Fran.

I have to say, not sure what to think about frans ability to develop talent. I also feel bad for the kid if he isn’t all he’s cracked up to be.

I don’t ever want him to feel so upset he shushes his own crowd after a dunk like the last guy did.

I know what to think about Fran's player development. It's very bad. Very few players have improved substantially during their time as a Hawkeye. Many have regressed.

• Agree
Reactions: CyTwins

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I’m just ready for this thread to die.

Oh, it won't die.

This topic will be around forever no matter what.

It was just a couple of years ago that I had a Hok friend talking about how Hinrich made a mistake not going to Iowa. (he was a verbal to ISU then switched on circumstances, and it was a wise decision if you look at his career).

• Agree
Reactions: exCYtable

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
I know what to think about Fran's player development. It's very bad. Very few players have improved substantially during their time as a Hawkeye. Many have regressed.

that I am guessing is part of the guarantee.

Be curious to see how it plays out with Patrick

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
I think that is a factor, especially with Conditt starting to play so well. He's better than Foster right now and he'll be even better by the start of the season next year so Foster not as likely to start vs playing at Iowa.

All of the arguments re: which team puts more players in the NBA, etc. don't really matter that much when you look at the recent research on decision making including brain imaging studies. People make decisions based primarily on emotional reasons and then select the facts that support their rationalization of that decision. Foster has had an emotional connection wased onith Iowa since he was a kid so difficult to overcome that. How many Iowa football players are playing for ISU because they grew up ISU fans? For that matter, would Conditt have come to Ames if he didn't have an emotional connection because his Dad played here?

Same reason Fred turned down Lute Olson and Tom Osborne out of high school

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Was Vaughn really the long ago?

Not even referring to Vaughn.

In general I need to see how a player fits into the system, how they develop, how they buy in etc. before getting all that excited about them.

Most recently look at Haliburton for someone who didn't need a ton of stars to be really great.

Jayshellberg

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 4, 2016
Omaha
All joking aside I'm sorry guys. The puppet masters in his recruitment played us. There was extreme confidence with him for months. Not the first time it's happened to ISU and won't be the last
No worries, I really believe based on your sources that you really thought that he was going to choose ISU. This happens in recruiting all the time in recruiting. At the end of the day, not getting Foster will have very little impact on the success of the men’s BB program.