STAFF PICKS: Xavier Foster

clones&beer

Nov 11, 2018
I can confirm they were played.. as of Tuesday after the game they were 99.9% sure he was coming here with comments that were made. Something happened since that time or it was a complete joke. I think this might be the best thing considering some things I have heard.
Care to elaborate?

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
Hope he can take the mocking, ridicule and criticism from the fanbase...right or wrong, it's going to happen. Looks like it already has, and he hasn't even announced it "publically" yet.
I wish him well if this is his choice...sure hope he realizes what choosing Fran as a coach will mean for him...probably not a happy ending in store for him. Too bad.

GetAwesome

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 29, 2010
Cedar Falls, IA
All y’all that have been guaranteeing Iowa State in the lead these past few weeks, citing reliable sources and all, and now sharing we’ve all been trolled by Foster & Fam and that the sky is falling, and again citing sources and all, is a next level 11th hour troll job.

Well played, well played. Hats off to you playing the puppet strings on this thread.

Sm5Jb9.gif

Last edited:

Lexclone

I survived the 2023 ad invasion
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2013
Massachusetts
Meh. You win some. You lose some.

If true, let’s thank XF for his service. His signing alone should give Barta “reason” to give Fran another extension. In the big scheme of things, I think it’s advantageous to have The Mad One coaching there until one of his boys is old enough to replace him.

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
A good friend of mine works in Osky and is co-workers with a few close relatives of Foster. Yesterday he had talked to them and relayed this info to me: They said that Xavier was initially favoring ISU but as recent as yesterday, he was beginning to have doubts. He really likes the ISU players, but it comes down to this: He has had a lot longer relationship with Fran & their coaching staff. There was also some discussion that the break-up with the GF (she broke up with him) has some bearing, but it would NOT be THE reason if he ends up turning down the Cyclones. The relatives believe that he is leaning toward Iowa because of the stronger relationship to the Iowa staff & that he would have a difficult time turning them down. Again, take it for what it's worth - but I really believe my source and I think that XF will choose Iowa. I would gladly take a hiatus from CF if the source proves to be wrong and XF chooses the Clones instead.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I think they made a mistake cutting it to two and then they caught telling both sides they were committing. Should have just kept a third school in there and kept it on lockdown but once he went to two the pressure started building from both sides.

cyclones7

May 17, 2010
Care to elaborate?

Just comments that were made to other families and players. I will say this for the second time, something happened since then. ISU thought we had him. People can be mad at Cytwins but he is not lying. We thought it was a done deal. The staff will move on and hopefully find someone that can help right away..

Jammin’

Jul 18, 2009
Ames-Mia-Atx
Not going to read the whole thread but I’ll be honest, I really wanted him and when it got down to ISTATE and Iowa it was a really good sign or going to be slow train wreck full of bad advice.

Just thought the young guy could have really developed a lot stronger mental all around game for the NBA by going his own way and playing under our staff and players, or really any other staff in the country, but it sounds like he wants to just stay in his comfort zone bubble and ‘ball out’ with his high school friends under that staff.