*** Official IOWA STATE VS #9 Oklahoma Game(Day) Thread ***

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Love going for two. Offense was working and had OU on its heels.

One hell of an effort by our guys. Kind of the season in a nutshell. Some great plays but some critical mistakes at bad times.

• Agree
Reactions: dirtyninety

acody

Nov 25, 2006
Hindsight is always 20/20. On the road, one play to beat a Top 10 team... You get it and it’s over.

but we had the momentum, tons of players on OU’s defense hurt and tired, stadium pretty much had more Cyclone than Sooner fans at that point, Overtime might have been the better option.

Agree. Terrible coaching decision to go for two when all the momentum was in our favor. Very stupid.

GoldCard

Nov 25, 2016
I suppose "ugh" is appropriate, but I am not so sure this isn't so far off where we want to be. Things break our way we could be undefeated, but we are so damn close and so much better than we have been in recent memory.

Keep building, keep growing (keep Campbell) and things could get really special in the next couple of years. Hate the loss, but LOVE THIS PROGRAM!

norcalcy

Oct 20, 2010
This is going to be 2005 all over again. A LOT of could've, should've and would've's. This team is so close to being a very good team. They are a good football team that just needs to do a few more things better and they will be there. It just hurts we can never seem to get over the hump.

Three more games to #proveit. Season not over yet.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Agree but just 3(?) yrs ago none of us were even thinking about being contenders. The FB program and this coaching staff will continue to grow things look bright for us. One of these yrs we'll get the ball bounces. Heck it took 3 ots for Baylor to win today lucky bastards some yr it'll be our turn.

I just got banned from the college football subreddit (5days I think) for saying Baylor is the luckiest team this year with the worst fan base lol

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I just got banned from the college football subreddit (5days I think) for saying Baylor is the luckiest team this year with the worst fan base lol

They must have a couple really touchy Baylor mods on that sub as the only ban (a 3 day) I've gotten there was also for a comment about baylor

• Informative
Reactions: LindenCy

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
As long as we keep building each year and "trust the process" we'll be in a place in a year or two where we win these games even with the errors. We're here; we aren't close or winning games out of luck. We legitimately have good teams now. So I don't think it's a matter of a lucky year where things go our way; we are making them go our way.

bthebutcher

Sep 8, 2015
Wow, what a game. Can't believe we had a chance to win it there. Defense stepped up big time holding them to 7 in the second half. I'm frustrated with the offense as much as anybody but my goodness you gotta love the fight in these kids.