Random Thoughts the 13th: Jason Takes RTT

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
I always kind of thought grandparents should be allowed to dictate how much raising of grandkids they do. They raised kids already and had no input in deciding to have grandkids. I'm 1 of 40 grandkids and i spent about 15 minutes total 1 on 1 with my dads parents, they didn't want to be parents again.
I don't suggest telling your daughter she was faking morning sickness for 9 months for attention.

Or that you aren't getting your flu shot like was requested because you read online it could weaken your immune system and you never get the flu anyways. Then double down and say you're fine missing baptism and holidays until next summer because he isn't going to know who you are and won't know the difference if you're around or skip it.

And make your son in law tell his wife this because you're too chicken **** to say it. And tell said SIL to tell his wife they do really love her.

My parents (2+ hours away) have been awesome offering to help but keeping their distance. My in laws (10 minutes away) suck.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
For a month a month we have been running10 degrees or more below average. Two years in a row for this crap, I hate it. Forces work to get finished 2 1/2 weeks sooner than normal.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
For a month a month we have been running10 degrees or more below average. Two years in a row for this crap, I hate it. Forces work to get finished 2 1/2 weeks sooner than normal.

How much snow did you get?

BuffettClone

Jul 7, 2012
^Truth.

The wooden shutters I am going to use as deck shirts were delivered today. Cool but I'd like to get them stained and not install them than remove them to stain them next spring. Not sure I can keep the garage warm enough (50 or above) for staining. Temp is going to average around 25 for the next week or so. If it was 40 outside I think I'd be fine but 20's outside makes my garage 40 something. Might hold off, maybe I'll get a couple nice November days but it isn't looking like any even in the long range stuff. Just mo' cold. Guess I could just staple chicken wire on the inside of the frames for winter to keep the Rocky's out and do the shutters in the spring.

I had a woodworking project I had to work on last November, and my garage is the same as yours if not a little colder during winter. I strung a couple of these infrared heaters on the ceiling above my work space and it worked beautifully. You can even get a stand and use them on your deck to warm a chilly evening.

71a9n5t0vAL._SY355_.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Mrs. IcSyU could go for new parents as support. The paternal grandparents are absolutely rocking it...the maternal ones need an ass kicking.

Thankfully my parents have improved some but it used to be pretty frustrating. They were and still are very rigid on the terms of watching the kids. Very rarely would they be willing to watch them at our house and even with several days between the ask and when we wanted them they would not move stuff around to watch them. Just kind of odd and frustrating for how excited they were about grand kids and little effort they put into seeing them.

My favorite was last year. We have football season tickets with my parents and there was one game that due to weather my mom decided not to go the day before the game. We didn't have anyone to watch the kids so MrsWx wasn't going to go but now with mom home we asked her. She prioritized errands that she had all week to run and wasn't even going to do then if she went to the game over watching her grand kids. So MrsWx stayed home too and we had two unused tickets that didn't sell due to weather.

Compare that to my in-laws that pretty much jump at any opportunity to be with them and have taken them places and what not. Just a big contrast in different styles. The kids seem fine for the most part but it is very apparent at times that they are more comfortable with my in-laws than my parents due to all of this.

Also my sister will never have kids so my kids are all they will get.

As @Rabbuk said though different paces for different people.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
I don't suggest telling your daughter she was faking morning sickness for 9 months for attention.

Or that you aren't getting your flu shot like was requested because you read online it could weaken your immune system and you never get the flu anyways. Then double down and say you're fine missing baptism and holidays until next summer because he isn't going to know who you are and won't know the difference if you're around or skip it.

And make your son in law tell his wife this because you're too chicken **** to say it. And tell said SIL to tell his wife they do really love her.

My parents (2+ hours away) have been awesome offering to help but keeping their distance. My in laws (10 minutes away) suck.

How nice of them to show their colors now. I'm sure this is very hard on your wife unless this is par for the course behavior for them. Even then it still sucks.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I didn't realize there was one before Drew!
There was a British version of the show which I believe Drew was a fan of. I think that is why Ryan Stiles ended up on the Drew Carey Show - Drew liked his work from the original WLIIA. Drew then hosted a US version of the show. Colin Mochrie also did a recurring guest character on the Drew Carey show - probably also a result of Drew seeing him on the original WLIIA.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
A few weeks ago I bought one of those weighted blankets (it's more like a throw)
I have it on the middle of my bed and have to say I really like it. I can't say it makes me sleep better but there is just something comforting about it.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
How nice of them to show their colors now. I'm sure this is very hard on your wife unless this is par for the course behavior for them. Even then it still sucks.
She tries to put on a brave face but I can tell it's killing her deep down. This isn't new behavior....her dad has gone 20+ years not talking to his brothers.

I just wanna go all Mike Gundy....Come after me! I'm a man...I'm 30!

• Friendly
Reactions: cowgirl836

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
So it looks like I'll need to get a new car. Was driving to Madison for a CLE today and slid out when I was on an overpass after getting gas and hit the wall of the over pass causing my airbags to go off. I don't think there's much damage to the car, but apparently my car is worth about $500-$1000 so they're going to total it. It's a shame, I absolutely loved that car.

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
So it looks like I'll need to get a new car. Was driving to Madison for a CLE today and slid out when I was on an overpass after getting gas and hit the wall of the over pass causing my airbags to go off. I don't think there's much damage to the car, but apparently my car is worth about $500-$1000 so they're going to total it. It's a shame, I absolutely loved that car.
What was the Woomobile? Hope you are ok.

Reactions: Cyclones_R_GR8

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Well poo winter seems to have arrived Booooo!!!! On the plus side when I went to turn around it was slick enough you could crank the wheel and goose it enough to do the partial donut to turn around. It made me want to go find an empty parking lot and go spin some. I didn't though just went home.

Might have gotten the fuel gauge fixed I think it was the connections it seems to be working now. It's good to have a friendly mechanic who can point you the right direction on smaller problems.

Reactions: jcyclonee
Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron