*** Official Mississippi Valley State VS IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
I thought the same thing. I think we even heard at one point that Jameel McKay could hit threes.

I hope it's true, too, but I want to see Conditt hitting dunks and layups.
I do think all three have the ability to hit 3Ps, at least situationally.

On my wishlist I’d much rather see Conditt hitting 3Ps. Conditt hitting 3Ps in this game would be much more significant for the outlook for this team than dunks and layups. We know he can do the latter.

• Agree
Reactions: isucyfan

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
The big thing I’m looking for is seeing if the big guys get burnt when they have to defend on the perimeter. Really excited to see Zion and Tre Jackson.

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
I could have sworn Solo was a Redshirt Senior. He's only a Jr? Holy Moley. We gonna be National Champs next year if we get Hali back.

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
I do think all three have the ability to hit 3Ps, at least situationally.

On my wishlist I’d much rather see Conditt hitting 3Ps. Conditt hitting 3Ps in this game would be much more significant for the outlook for this team than dunks and layups. We know he can do the latter.

Yeah, I'm talking more in general. If we are needing our bigs to hit threes, that's a bad sign. If they hoist an occasional open three to keep defenses honest, I'm good with that.

But Conditt belongs around the rim.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I could have sworn Solo was a Redshirt Senior. He's only a Jr? Holy Moley. We gonna be National Champs next year if we get Hali back.

If TH is back it means he didn't have a great year this year...which probably would guarantee ISU didn't have a good year.

The last time we had a player that started a season this high on NBA draft boards was Fizer and I'm not sure he was as high.

• Disagree
Reactions: FinalFourCy

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Yeah, I'm talking more in general. If we are needing our bigs to hit threes, that's a bad sign.
Only if presuming they can’t hit, which wouldn’t be the case if you’re watching Conditt hit 3Ps. We’re in a circular argument.

Big men shooting 3Ps isn’t new to our program and it would be a good sign if we saw that tonight. Jacobson took nearly 50 last year, and I suspect the combined Jacobson, Young, Conditt attempts will be more than that this year.

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
Only if presuming they can’t hit, which wouldn’t be the case if you’re watching Conditt hit 3Ps. We’re in a circular argument.

Big men shooting 3Ps isn’t new to our program and it would be a good sign if we saw that tonight. Jacobson took nearly 50 last year, and I suspect the combined Jacobson, Young, Conditt attempts will be more than that this year.

I never said I watched Conditt hit any threes, he just said he could. I will believe it when I see it.

• Disagree
Reactions: FinalFourCy

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN

And, I can't recall any big man for ISU that is also a rim protector like Conditt who has consistently hit threes. Am I missing someone?

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
They actually call it 'Cyclones Dot TV'?

I always just though it was 'CyclonesTV', omitting the 'dot'.

What a productive day to learn so many new things.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron