Hunter Dekkers Commits

farm85

Mar 23, 2016
Flekkefjord, Norway
West Sioux 42 Underwood 7

The Falcons began post season play vaulting to a 28-0 lead in the second quarter on the way to win over the Eagles in a Class 1A first-round football playoff game played in Hawarden Friday.

Kade Lynott ran for three touchdowns and caught an 82-yard strike from Hunter Dekkers for another score.

Dekkers also had a 48-yard TD pass to Bryce Coppock in the second quarter to put West Sioux up 21-0. Dekkers, the all-time leading passer in yardage in Iowa prep history, was 19-28 passing for 340 yards.

West Sioux now 9-1, will host Treynor next week.

browns4cy

Sep 3, 2014
Western Christian is same district as west Sioux and west lyon. Emmetsburg had to play all 3

corwags

Nov 9, 2016
I was at the their Western Christian game. West Sioux was down some offensive linemen and Western had a lot of speed, especially on defense, and was really aggressive. West Sioux was still ahead double digits going into the 4th quarter but Western pulled off a couple of big plays and West Sioux just couldn't answer. That being said, Hunter looked good - he's got a cannon; he threw one pass side armed while being blitzed that went close to 30 yards and hit a kid in stride across the middle. Get him some coaching by this staff and he's going to be a good one!

L

LincolnWay187

Having grown up in this area and playing this level of football, its hard for me to imagine a skill player coming out of there. This kid must be a freak.

The only guys i saw make it were occasionally linemen or lb who were physical freaks.

corwags

Nov 9, 2016
Yes, he is a great athlete, for sure. People up here didn't know if he was going to decide on football or baseball; he's got a fastball in the 90's. I think his relationship with Campbell and the staff is what helped make up his mind (plus the Ag college). That's from what I've heard from a friend who knows the family well, anyways.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
His performance against the best quarterbacks in the country last summer didn’t tell you that?
Sounds like I missed some posts and you didn't.

On edit: He ranked 24th nationally, 3 in the region--good not spectacular. Three star recruit as was Purdy, though in retrospect Purdy outplayed his rank.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron