Hunter Dekkers Commits

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010
I think I may have forgotten. I recalled him having a long run, but may have thought it was more unexpected, thus defense wasn't looking for it, vs him actually being fast.
I'm honestly thinking 2012 Collin Klein stats could be a real possibility for Hunter: 2,490 yards passing; 15 TD, 7 Int; 890 yards rushing; 22 rushing TD's. Probably not the 22 rushing TD's, but hey, goal line packages with him directly under center would be just fine by me.

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
I'm honestly thinking 2012 Collin Klein stats could be a real possibility for Hunter: 2,490 yards passing; 15 TD, 7 Int; 890 yards rushing; 22 rushing TD's. Probably not the 22 rushing TD's, but hey, goal line packages with him directly under center would be just fine by me.
We need more than 2,500 passing yards from Dekkers.

Reactions: JimmyChitwood

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Hunter has lost some size hasn't he? I think he is down to 210, he won't be able to be the battering ram that Klein was. But, he will be probably faster this year, so that is always a good thing.

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club

2:15 mark

5:09 mark

That first KU highlight throw by Purdy should have been a pick 6...

That is also why I'm high on the ISU offense for 2022. Dekkers has the arm to make a boundary throw A LOT quicker than Brock could. The difference a ball getting to it's spot a 1/2 second sooner could be the difference in a pick 6 or a 1st down.

CyLyte2

Dec 3, 2020
That first KU highlight throw by Purdy should have been a pick 6...

That is also why I'm high on the ISU offense for 2022. Dekkers has the arm to make a boundary throw A LOT quicker than Brock could. The difference a ball getting to it's spot a 1/2 second sooner could be the difference in a pick 6 or a 1st down.
The first highlight was a perfectly thrown ball. That’s why it wasn’t picked. The only guy who could get it was Hutchinson.

• Agree
Reactions: 83cy

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
I did not realize that Hunter ran track. Assumed we were going to be less mobile with him at QB
I saw a stat when I toured the locker room that was amazing regarding his mph from a certain distance the team measures. But to make sure I don't share top secret info I won't say where he ranks on the team or how fast exactly, but let's just say I wouldn't want to be in front of him if has 15 yards of open space.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I saw a stat when I toured the locker room that was amazing regarding his mph from a certain distance the team measures. But to make sure I don't share top secret info I won't say where he ranks on the team or how fast exactly, but let's just say I wouldn't want to be in front of him if has 15 yards of open space.

Even with just decent speed the 'just get the first down' thing should be an easy choice with his momentum.

Petitions should start if there's some weird screen out to double coverage or something vs. a snap the ball and lean for the 4th and inches situations this season.

CyLyte2

Dec 3, 2020
Correct. Purdy HAD to throw it perfectly to make it work.

Dekkers's arm allows for a FAR greater margin for error.
I don’t even know what that means. If you, me, or Hunter Dekkers throws that ball anywhere but where it was it’s incomplete or intercepted. How that’s some kind of knock on Purdy is beyond me. It couldn’t have been thrown better by anyone.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron