And from the "I've heard this before" rumor mill ...

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
More... the contract for the Pac12 at the time was unprecedented. But lack of vision 'locked' them in for a longer period of time. When that contract comes up 'streaming' companies will be the primary focus. And, to be honest, ALL of them are on the west coast. So THAT looks good for them.

Actually, I believe the net revenue per team will become much better as both packaging and pay-per-view will come into play. A larger national playoff would also be required and/or requiring more P5 vs P5 matchups to net the national big name advertisers. There's allot to gain from reaching ALL of your constituents as opposed to regional reach. The current model of sport broadcasting is going to change significantly or, more likely, die. Just as I told JP nearly 15 years ago.
Largely agree, but one thing that the Pac12 will continue to run into is their constituents not caring as much as elsewhere and isolation.

P5 going more to the NFL model as streaming becomes the delivery medium could mean big bucks, but some movement. Look at how much NBC paid to get the rights to Seinfeld. A couple conference’s bundled together could get enough to maintain imo

• Agree
Reactions: Cloneon

chili

Jan 26, 2015
Iowa
Let's quit fooling ourselves... We all know what needs to be done here... Jettison WV, and form a new Conference I-35... we pick up Minnesota, Wichita St, and UTSA, and form 2 divisions in the new 12 team conference... maybe add Minnesota-Duluth and Emporia St for a 14 team super conference...

Attachments

• Big 12 Conf Map.jpg
    Big 12 Conf Map.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 50

moores2

Nov 9, 2018
Yes, they're ranked #77. But their religious requirements put them at odds with the LGBTQ agenda of western universities.

"Homosexual behavior is inappropriate and violates the Honor Code. Homosexual behavior includes not only sexual relations between members of the same sex, but all forms of physical intimacy that give expression to homosexual feelings." BYU

"Turn it off, like a liiight switch just go click! It's a cool little Mormon trick."

c.y.c.l.o.n.e.s

Feb 21, 2007
Let's quit fooling ourselves... We all know what needs to be done here... Jettison WV, and form a new Conference I-35... we pick up Minnesota, Wichita St, and UTSA, and form 2 divisions in the new 12 team conference... maybe add Minnesota-Duluth and Emporia St for a 14 team super conference...

Or.... Dump VW and TTU

Add Minnesota, Witchita State UTSA, UTEP or Houston plus add ASU and AU and become the i35/i10 super conference.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Or.... Dump VW and TTU

Add Minnesota, Witchita State UTSA, UTEP or Houston plus add ASU and AU and become the i35/i10 super conference.

Get rid of TT and purple Kansas!

I-35 Conference
---
Minnesota-Duluth
Minnesota
Iowa State
UMKC
Wichita State
Oklahoma State
Oklahoma
Texas Christian
Southern Methodist
Baylor
Texas
Texas-San Antonio

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
This tread got crazy.

giphy.gif

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I'm only okay with adding ASU and Arizona if we drop two other schools..... WV and Baylor would be my first two choices.

I want to stay at 10 because I feel we have the absolute best thing going right now with our round robin schedule, and only splitting revenue 10 ways as well.

247cy

Nov 14, 2006
Spring Hill, KS
Aren't power 5's supposed to be moving away from scheduling a couple of patsys in the non-con?

Dump the likes of UNI and Louisiana-Monroe from the schedule and replace with ASU and Arizona. Do likewise for basketball by dropping 4 crummy non-con opponents to get the home & home.

Move back to 12 teams in the "Big XII", keep the round robin format.

EDIT: I'm not advocating for ASU or Arizona, as they're out of our footprint and I think it's dumb. Just throwing out there that keeping the round robin format with 12 in the conference is do-able.

cyfan15

Oct 23, 2006
B12N
---
Iowa State
Kansas
Kansas State
Oklahoma
Oklahoma State
WVU

B12S
---
Arizona
Arizona State
Baylor
TCU
Texas
Texas Tech

Put some sort of protected rivalry in with UT and OU?

If not for TV money, it would make SO much sense to swap West Virginia with the SEC for Missouri, but Mizzou would have to want to come back.

Land Shark

Apr 6, 2006

Swaim is a buffoon. Went to Okie State and saw Bill Self in a class once and now he considers them to be friends. Later, he became the Van Coleman of Oklahoma as well as having a talk radio show.

That said, I will play
I love the round robin and don't want it to end- if it does for the sake of inventory and rivalry- here it goes

Big 6 Division
ISU
KU
KSU
Mizzou
OU
OSU

Southwest Division
Arizona
ASU
Arkansas
UT
TT
TCU

Annual games to be played as non conf
OU vs UT / Mizzou vs Arkansas / KU vs U of A / OSU vs TTU / KSU vs TCU / ISU vs ASU

Each school plays a protected rival annually but for non conf record. Eventually, the playoff model will regulate 12 P5 games for all but that day is way off

Help Support Us

Become a patron