Friday OT #2 - INTJ

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
That also doesn't surprise me at all. I can also come across as extroverted - I have found the phrase "extroverted introvert," and it feels like it sort of describes how I feel most of the time. I can be very social with people I trust and with whom I enjoy speaking - I just don't want to insert myself or to strike up a deliberately dull and uninteresting conversation. Life is too short for that.

INTJs are also sarcastic and have dark humor - who'd have guessed, eh? ;)

My first grade report card notes that I was "often sarcastic to my classmates". :oops:

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY and Angie

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Campaigner
ENFP-T
enfp-campaigner.svg

My brother from another mother....

Reactions: Angie

CycloneSarah

Aug 9, 2016
ISTJ here. I came across something similar to this list of nightmare scenarios for each M-B type many years ago and didn't remember exactly which one I was so I read through all of them to see if I could guess. I knew immediately upon reading "You are expected to complete a highly esteemed project with absolutely no guidance as to what’s expected of you." Makes me cringe so hard.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
I would probably call myself a small “l” type, but I generally agree with this.

The long posts and love of spreadsheets are a big hint. Apparently it is the most rare personality trait at 2% and especially for women with just 0.8% of the population. Not a lot of Angie's out there.

Malone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 7, 2010
Des Moines
INTJ. We're typically clueless in romance because we tend to place little/no emphasis on following mindless social norms, prefer to be courted, don't care for small talk, think big picture, and value our time (and especially our time alone). We also have a small group of friends because long periods of time can go on in between contact, and most people don't understand that it's just part of being INTJ.

Great at projects and direction/management/working alone.

Great evil supervillains.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Angie

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Ok, this seemed pretty accurate but then I ran across this...

Logicians are usually fairly liberal, with a “none of my business” sort of attitude – peoples’ ideas are what matter.

actually that is still accurate.

Honest and Straightforward – To know one thing and say another would be terribly disingenuous – Logicians don’t often go around intentionally hurting feelings, but they believe that the truth is the most important factor

Sorry Chris...

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
The long posts and love of spreadsheets are a big hint. Apparently it is the most rare personality trait at 2% and especially for women with just 0.8% of the population. Not a lot of Angie's out there.

Anything I can put into a spreadsheet, I do put into a spreadsheet. You're correct - it's not a very likely personality in women. I think it's most likely why I've historically had friends who were largely either males, or females who aren't traditionally "feminine" in the soft, romantic ways that we are encouraged to be. There's nothing wrong with traditional femininity; it's just not the way my brain works at all.

INTJ. We're typically clueless in romance because we tend to place little/no emphasis on following mindless social norms, prefer to be courted, don't care for small talk, think big picture, and value our time (and especially our time alone). We also have a small group of friends because long periods of time can go on in between contact, and most people don't understand that it's just part of being INTJ.

Great at projects and direction/management/working alone.

Yep, not at all the "candy and flowers and holding hands" type. Romance is largely impractical, but is there - I am just much more interested in someone while having a great conversation about something we've observed or joking about a book than being told that my hair is pretty. I think romance just maybe looks very, very different to an INTJ?

• Agree
Reactions: Malone

kbud

Jan 9, 2012
Another INTJ here, we seem to have such small numbers but have a large presence online. The internet sure is comfortable for us.

• Agree
Reactions: Angie and Malone

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron