****Official Class of 2020 Recruiting Thread****

04clone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 23, 2006
Thought he might have 2nd thoughts. We already have our guy though.

Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't pass on him if he's still interested. He was the staff's top guard target, and Walker has the size to guard on the wing. It's not as though they couldn't function together in the same backcourt.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't pass on him if he's still interested. He was the staff's top guard target, and Walker has the size to guard on the wing. It's not as though they couldn't function together in the same backcourt.
If our plan is to possibly take 4 guys in this class, I could see us re-connecting with Jalen to see if the flame gets rekindled, however I see him going to Missouri.

• Agree
Reactions: Knownothing

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Wouldn't surprise me at all.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Yeah I think he is to good to not go after. I mean if we were going for both Fosters. Why would we not go for Foster and this Michigan State decommit.

I don't think ISU will take another commit other than Foster in the Fall. While it is fun to dream of a another top PG reality is Prohm has already identified his PG for this class (Walker) and last year (Jackson) and has Bolton as an option as well. There isn't a need or scholarship available there to take every player. I just don't see it as fit roster wise today.
I was at the opinion that Prohm was going to take one SF out of Blackwell, Grant-Foster and Walton. I don't think it is a total coincidence that Blackwell became a Cyclone, Tyon became a Jayhawk 3 days later.

Get the talent first and figure out the roster later is usually the best policy and I could see ISU calling to gauge interest. If Terry wants to take visits and wait to the spring to sign it could work out depending on if the roster changes but don't see it as fit as of today.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
So this basically confirms the rumors that the University of Okoboji was making a late push for Foster. Concerning!

I do find it a bit interesting that Foster wasn't wearing Iowa related gear or even the colors on his OV. No doubt on purpose to not give either fan base false hope or picture to use after he makes his choice.
Still rare for recruits to not be wearing the school colors on their visit as the other recruits on OV's with him were decked out in tiger hawk.
Does anyone know if Xavier wore ISU gear on his official to Ames? Just curious.

• Optimistic
Reactions: 83cy

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I do find it a bit interesting that Foster wasn't wearing Iowa related gear or even the colors on his OV. No doubt on purpose to not give either fan base false hope or picture to use after he makes his choice.
Still rare for recruits to not be wearing the school colors on their visit as the other recruits on OV's with him were decked out in tiger hawk.
Does anyone know if Xavier wore ISU gear on his official to Ames? Just curious.
He was wearing all black and a jean jacket on his visit, so very neutral.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
no such thing as too many PGs on the roster.

Assuming they have the length and/or can shoot, there is no reason you cannot just make them into 2-3 men in the meantime. I think you need one designated PG out there with true PG skills, but after that, just put your best few guards out there and roll.

We basically did that with Haliburton as a freshman (though he seems to be about to convert back into the main PG) and basically did that with Naz Mitrou-Long his whole career.

Having multiple guys to run the offense/move the ball is never a bad thing. If NBA teams like the Rockets can make a two-PG set work, then we should be able to do it, too.

:)

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012

Appears Monte is on board. Any guess if him and Prohm have an actual conversation about this? Btw, what is the connection for those being surprised if it doesn’t end up being Missouri? Just curious.

04clone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 23, 2006
Appears Monte is on board. Any guess if him and Prohm have an actual conversation about this? Btw, what is the connection for those being surprised if it doesn’t end up being Missouri? Just curious.

Cornell Mann (former ISU assistant who recruited Monte) is an assistant at Mizzou.

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

Help Support Us

Become a patron