On That Note - Clap For the Wolfman

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA

In this version, some of the percussion *sounds* like clapping, but I’m not sure most of it is. Cool to watch & listen, either way.

I love that you included the dinner table video! I had already listened to the Guero album and Guerolito EP a ton when Beck did that on SNL, and I was just in awe. I've shown it to my kids on my phone several times when they were sad just to get them to calm down!

More Beck!

When I first heard this (prior to obtaining “Odelay”) I was underwhelmed. Still isn’t one of my top tracks from the album, but I’ve gained more appreciation for it over the years.

An understated track from "Guero" ... shout-out to @Angie

Love me some Guero!!

• Friendly
Reactions: cyclones500

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
I love that you included the dinner table video! I had already listened to the Guero album and Guerolito EP a ton when Beck did that on SNL, and I was just in awe. I've shown it to my kids on my phone several times when they were sad just to get them to calm down!

Love me some Guero!!
Hey Guero...you doing push-ups???

• Friendly
Reactions: Angie

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
A 'cool story bro' moment regarding the title song of this thread, "Clap for the Wolfman."

I suspect it may have been set-up in advance but who knows?

Back when I was still in college at ISU one of the local radio stations had a DJ interviewing Wolfman Jack.

It was a fairly ordinary interview...

When they got to the end the DJ asked Wolfman Jack if he'd heard back from his doctor.

Wolfman acted all confused, "What, what do you mean?"

The DJ said, "You know, about your rash."

Wolfman, "I don't know what you're talking about."

DJ ends interview by saying, "Oh here it is." and plays "Clap for the Wolfman."

(Note, quotes are included for context, some poetic license is taken, as I obviously don't remember the exact exchange 40 years later)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron