Class of 2021

HGoat1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2018
Denver, Colorado
I know Brian Smith at Missouri is after Terukina as well.

Hope his brothers experience here and the Cabanban connection help us out there

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
I know Brian Smith at Missouri is after Terukina as well.

Hope his brothers experience here and the Cabanban connection help us out there

Could come down to money. I don’t think we are offering very much athletic money

• Agree
Reactions: jkbuff98

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Copass to Badgers today. Would have loved him in a cyclone singlet... Bono is on a roll in Madison

We visited Copass, but I don’t think he ever set up a visit to Iowa State. I thought he always seemed like a Wisconsin lean. Was confused when they got Amos, but he must be going to 197. I always thought Peter Christensen was a 197 pounder, so curious how effective he is a 184

Boxer007

Aug 15, 2012
I see that Sauer is now listed at HWT on the roster. So we have 2. Need a solution for that weight after GG graduates. Need to build some quality depth at the weight.

DrizzyCyclone

Apr 7, 2013
I see that Sauer is now listed at HWT on the roster. So we have 2. Need a solution for that weight after GG graduates. Need to build some quality depth at the weight.
Is Cody Fisher gonna be a heavyweight when he comes here? Haven’t seen him much so don’t know if he’s starting material or just a depth piece.

Boxer007

Aug 15, 2012
Is Cody Fisher gonna be a heavyweight when he comes here? Haven’t seen him much so don’t know if he’s starting material or just a depth piece.
I’d asked that very question of he board some time ago. The consensus was he is a 197lber in college.

• Informative
Reactions: skibumspe

SimpsonCyclone

Jul 20, 2011
Iowa
If he develops into a starter, that's great for him but we definitely shouldn't be counting on him to man a spot in the lineup and create points in March IMO.

Boxer007

Aug 15, 2012
So what are people’s predictions about the rest of the class? It seems Ayala and Rathjen are Iowa leans. Hamiti is off the board with Bono getting another hammer. It’s starting to feel like Facundo will make or break this class for us.

Any guesses?

SimpsonCyclone

Jul 20, 2011
Iowa
Correct. Echemendia is probably considered 2019 class and a replacement for Ryan Anderson. Honestly, if big board rankings were updated for 2019 class I'd think Anthony would be top 10 in the class. Especially if he was in the states earlier. He is the most decorated youth cuban wrestler in their history and Cuba has some damn good wrestlers. Kid's potential is through the roof. Probably the strongest and most athletic kid p4p in the class IMO.

We are in on a ton of studs for 2021 still and we are looking to spend much more money in 2021 than 2020 - If we don't land Facundo, that will be a backbreaker.

For 2020 class we were recruiting Copass, Hamiti and Zargo...and all 3 PLUS the #3 kid in the entire class (Amos) have all committed to former Cyclones Bono and Reader at Wisconsin.. That's kind of a kick in the nuts.

Help Support Us

Become a patron