Class of 2021

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Dresser did not know the Iowa State connection with Shayden. I mentioned it to him maybe a little over a year ago. Kysen was was wrestling Ironman or Super 32 & got beat by Mastrogiovanni in the 1st round, then won about 7 straight in the consolations to place. Dresser was at the tourney and got to watch some matches. That was the 1st time Dresser paid any attention to Kysen.

So the relationship is pretty new

Last edited:

Boxer007

Aug 15, 2012
This recruiting class is going to say a lot about the trajectory of this program. We should have money and a couple of years under our belts to have solidified relationships. The Anderson miss hurts. I’m hoping he comes back into the fold but I wouldn’t bet on it. The coaches really need to nail down multiple blue chip type guys to keep us moving forward IMO.

We need to round out the coaching staff once and for all... get some athletes in the CRTC... lots of work to do yet.

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
This recruiting class is going to say a lot about the trajectory of this program. We should have money and a couple of years under our belts to have solidified relationships. The Anderson miss hurts. I’m hoping he comes back into the fold but I wouldn’t bet on it. The coaches really need to nail down multiple blue chip type guys to keep us moving forward IMO.

We need to round out the coaching staff once and for all... get some athletes in the CRTC... lots of work to do yet.
Any guesses who might take that final coaching spot? I know Willie signed on as the grad assistant, but I’m guessing they will still get another volunteer assistant? Anyone heard anything?

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Trying to look at the best fit for Ayala.

If at 125, Iowa looks good after Spencer Lee is done, thinking Schriever goes 133.

Not sure where Bennett, Biscoglia (sp) are. I assume 125 & 133.

But then these redshirt freshmen will be redshirt seniors by the time Ayala is a redshirt freshman

• Agree
Reactions: CyCloneRastlinG

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
Trying to look at the best fit for Ayala.

If at 125, Iowa looks good after Spencer Lee is done, thinking Schriever goes 133.

Not sure where Bennett, Biscoglia (sp) are. I assume 125 & 133.

But then these redshirt freshmen will be redshirt seniors by the time Ayala is a redshirt freshman
Biscoglia looks like career 125. Bennett has looked like 133 and could grow into 141 but not sure.
Reeves looks like career 125. Ayala looks like 125 and could easily grow into 133. He has a good frame.
At 125/133 Iowa has Spencer, Cashman, Teasdale, Renteria, Cullan Schriever, Jesse Ybarra. He can go to Iowa but it looks like a big gamble and little to no money.

• Informative
Reactions: VirginSturgeon

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron