MLB: ***Official 2019 Chicago Cubs Season Thread***

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
Kaplan needs to coin a new phrase these last few games...instead of "bring it home boyz!!!" He needs to say something like "Try not to suck, boyzzzzz!" or "End the suck, boyzzzz"

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Sucks to suck bro. You wanted to tell me over and over I was wrong when I was making valid points, which turned out to be exactly right.

My arguments were made when the Cubs had the 4th best World Series odds. What I stated was my opinion, and we obviously didn't agree. Matter of fact I still agreed with alot of your points, and still disagree with some.

Your problem is how you respond when people disagree with your opinions. I couldn't imagine having to deal with you in any real life situation, and hopefully for your sake, you're just doing this crap behind a keyboard, and have a more reserved attitude in the real world.

Regardless, you do you, bro. Most of us here have lost a lot of respect for you not based on your opinions, but how you've treated anyone who has disagreed with you. Just because you've now proven some wrong, doesn't mean those people are going to respect you after the fact.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
How the hell do you get dominated by one of the worst teams in baseball that you just put up ridiculous numbers against about a week ago? This team has obviously checked out now. No point in playing the regulars the rest of the season, give the young guys and bench some at bats.

• Agree
Reactions: baller21

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Just want to go on record that I still think we are a top 5 talented team. We have more talent than the Cardinals and Brewers and Nationals. At worst, talent wise, we are 3rd in the NL.

It is underlying factors (not knowing how to run bases, making silly defensive plays, having selfish, poor knowledge of the game at bats) that impact our record, not the actual talent itself.

Sort of like, in my opinion, the Patriots don’t bring in the best talent, but they sure as **** bring in the guys with the best IQ and awareness with how to maximize their talent to improve team outcome.

Schwarber swinging at a 3-0 ball, and a 3-1 ball, in our first game against the Cardinals in which we were coming back, says it all.

Contreras simply not getting the ball in play with a runner on third and less than two outs says it all.

Cishek walking the bases loaded in a tie game and demanding he stays in the game and walks in the winning run says it all.

We are a talented team. We are a selfish team.

laminak

Jun 13, 2010
Marion
My arguments were made when the Cubs had the 4th best World Series odds. What I stated was my opinion, and we obviously didn't agree. Matter of fact I still agreed with alot of your points, and still disagree with some.

Your problem is how you respond when people disagree with your opinions. I couldn't imagine having to deal with you in any real life situation, and hopefully for your sake, you're just doing this crap behind a keyboard, and have a more reserved attitude in the real world.

Regardless, you do you, bro. Most of us here have lost a lot of respect for you not based on your opinions, but how you've treated anyone who has disagreed with you. Just because you've now proven some wrong, doesn't mean those people are going to respect you after the fact.

CyJack = Al Yellon (look up past Bleed Cubbie Blue blog drama)

laminak

Jun 13, 2010
Marion
Think Theo wants to go back to Boston?

He's from Boston growing up being a die hard Red Sox fan. If they gave him more control and not have the power struggle they had leading up to his previous departure, I'd think it's possible.

laminak

Jun 13, 2010
Marion
I'm a Loser, baby......

It is kinda wierd.....I mean, I've watched my share of dead Cub teams....but a collapsed team like this.
Is Lou Pinnella still alive?

This is similar to the 2004 Chicago Cubs. Hope the players don't cost us Len and JD.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I appreciate Theo, but with an obvious changing of the guard coming up it may make the most sense to have a new GM in place as well.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
It's not like this season came out of nowhere. Theo himself called the team broken last year and what did he do to fix it? He traded away his best bench bat for money that he then didn't replace him with anyone worth a damn. They brought back a worse version of the "broken" 2018 team and expected better results. What they got instead was predictable: a worse team.

If we get to spring training in 2020 and they bring back this same team, fire the entire front office, from CEO all the way down to the janitor.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Maddon thinks he’ll be back. I feel like typical coach speak asked this though knowing they’ll be out soon is “we’ll see,” but he seems to think he’s got a shot.

Shakeup needs to happen. I wouldn’t hate if Joe stayed IF it was because someone else left

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
Maddon thinks he’ll be back. I feel like typical coach speak asked this though knowing they’ll be out soon is “we’ll see,” but he seems to think he’s got a shot.

Shakeup needs to happen. I wouldn’t hate if Joe stayed IF it was because someone else left

Someone else has left the past three years. Whether it be the pitching or hitting coach, Joe always seems to get through unscathed, and throughout that time there's been one constant. Time for us to move on from him.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Who are we rooting for in the postseason?

I’m going with the Dodgers, just because I hope they deal with a World Series hangover and suck next year

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
Who are we rooting for in the postseason?

I’m going with the Dodgers, just because I hope they deal with a World Series hangover and suck next year

The Pirates look like they are world series material right now against who they are playing.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
giphy.gif

• Winner
Reactions: CycloneErik

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron