This kid is a sophomore?

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
“With all the success I’ve experienced, especially in a college town where football hasn’t been successful in the past, everyone glorifies what I do on the field. I’m challenged to stay humble. When others start hyping me up, I am tempted to think I’m greater than I really am. I need to remember that, just as Christ was, I’m here on earth to serve others, not myself,” Purdy said.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Maybe that isn’t coincidental, but something Campbell likes. If you watched Re-al’s season of QB1, he comes from a religious family as well.

I was just using ISU as an example, but it seems like a large number of college quarterbacks as super religious.

Not a good or bad thing, just something I’ve kind of noticed over time. Don’t know if there’s a correlation or not. Just interesting to me, I guess.

AttakOfDaClones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 25, 2013
Bay Area, CA
I like the quote minus the Christ mention. That didn’t seem to fit the spirit of the perfect messaging which led into it. I am not religious (anymore), but comparing yourself to god in any form is not particularly humble IMO and it causes an immediate eye roll from me. That being said, Brock got his point across and my criticism is super minor and probably irrelevant.

To be clear, I think Brock’s attitude, leadership and maturity are off the charts. And he is so good and put together at his age he has me questioning if I should believe in god again. Now that I think of it, could he be Jesus?

RedDog

Jan 28, 2014
I like the quote minus the Christ mention. That didn’t seem to fit the spirit of the perfect messaging which led into it. I am not religious (anymore), but comparing yourself to god in any form is not particularly humble IMO and it causes an immediate eye roll from me. That being said, Brock got his point across and my criticism is super minor and probably irrelevant.

To be clear, I think Brock’s attitude, leadership and maturity are off the charts. And he is so good and put together at his age he has me questioning if I should believe in god again. Now that I think of it, could he be Jesus?
Yes, and not made of pieces of granite.
https://images.app.goo.gl/nyNgcZmCUSi2icRV7

DreamyCy

Nov 13, 2013

You missed it

Dr.bannedman

liberal
Aug 21, 2012
that island napoleon got sent to
“With all the success I’ve experienced, especially in a college town where football hasn’t been successful in the past, everyone glorifies what I do on the field. I’m challenged to stay humble. When others start hyping me up, I am tempted to think I’m greater than I really am. I need to remember that, just as Christ was, I’m here on earth to serve others, not myself,” Purdy said.

i cant believe that a sophmore in college could regrutate some talkin points he has heard.

he is on another level

Help Support Us

Become a patron