Anyone else just start laughing

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Remember in The Dark Knight where Batman is beating the Joker, and the Joker is just laughing? That's kind of how I feel with Iowa State. Just numb to the pain they try to inflict

BigDH01

Oct 17, 2011
Tech is playing at Arizona but every one else in the league had an impressive win. This can go south quickly.

Yeah, I'm looking at Big 12 results and I'm not exactly sure why people think we're 3rd in the Big 12. Pretty clear OU and Texas are 1 and 2 and I don't see us beating them.

But beyond that it's anyone's game IMO and so far other Big 12 teams are getting it done, even on the road. KSU went to MSST and beat em. Oklahoma State went on the road to Oregon State and dominated them. TCU just went and beat up on Purdue at Purdue. Baylor has been playing nobodies but their smallest margin of victory is 39. Kansas is going to be Kansas but with Les Miles who knows if they can get some better athletes, too early to say if they are going to improve with time.

ISU beat an FCS team in 3OT and lost to Iowa, a team that I think is probably closer to average than good, especially considering their injuries.

I think there was a lot of hype around this season but seven wins is probably an optimistic if not realistic target.

cyLKUIF

Jun 3, 2016
iowa down 4 starters and we can't win at home? thank god for the gadget TD

Posters calling the B1G trash are the same ones saying we will get third behind OU/Texas lmaoooo

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
I still feel like we'll finish 3rd in the Big 12, possibly 2nd if we can upset Texas in Ames. I don't see us beating OU.

I don't care what people say, I think we looked like the better team today, and by a decent margin. But you just can't keep shooting yourself in the foot at crucial times to end drives. We did it against UNI and Iowa both. Get that cleared up and the ceiling is pretty high IMO.
Agreed. We have the talent and all of the errors are fixable. It's just another typical season for ISU - make mistakes early on and then start to get things rolling.

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
As much as I have hoped the culture has changed, a play/game like this completely changes my mind. Long ways to go.

After watching ISU do things like this for 56 years I completely agree ...This is who we are and of course we have a "Long ways to go."

• Agree
Reactions: nj829

singsing

Nov 2, 2007
Purdy's fumble before the half was the game changer. All the rest was icing on the cake. I put a lot of this on Messingham killing drives with some seriously stupid play calls to kill drives.

• Agree
Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

Cyclone06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Urbandale
Iowa made zero mistakes and gave themselves a chance. Iowa state was the better team but couldn’t get it done on the 3-4 plays that would have swung it our way. Isu was the better team and lost. I’ve said that before and that is so damn frustrating.

CNECloneFan

Dec 1, 2012
Yeah, we weren't going to win. Iowa has outscored ISU in the fourth quarter like 250-0 since Campbell's been here. We'll beat Iowa when we're up by 28 going into the fourth.
I don't know - it is always possible for a team to score 29 in the 4th quarter. And if it hasn't happened before, you could bank on it under that circumstance.

• Winner
Reactions: dirtyninety

mkadl

Mar 17, 2006
Cornfield
I did just laugh at first because it's like.... how else can you find so many ways to lose a game, and by one stinkin' point.

But then it started to sink in how I'll have to hear from Iowa fans all year long about how ISU is such a laughable joke of a school, and how in the world can you be a fan of such a joke program. And that's putting it nicely.

And then they will also talk all year about how awesome Iowa is and that they have a shot at the National Title.... when everyone knows they don't.

Seneca Wallace's senior year was worse. Because it was late in the season when the meltdown occurred. But my expectations are firmly grounded for the rest of the season, because I know what can happen, I have seen it two games in a row. Go State!

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
Seneca Wallace's senior year was worse. Because it was late in the season when the meltdown occurred. But my expectations are firmly grounded for the rest of the season, because I know what can happen, I have seen it two games in a row. Go State!

the 2012 Liberty Bowl was very late in the season

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron