Pollard: big announcement coming soon

ricochet

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2008
The slides they showed tonight did include a hotel and conventions center by Scheman (but not tearing it down). The bigger things were 3,600(?) parking places going in on the other side of University and an elevated walkway connecting those to Jack Trice. The whole area between Hilton and Jack Trice getting redone with an entertainment plaza (sort of like the P&L district) and still some parking.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
The slides they showed tonight did include a hotel and conventions center by Scheman (but not tearing it down). The bigger things were 3,600(?) parking places going in on the other side of University and an elevated walkway connecting those to Jack Trice. The whole area between Hilton and Jack Trice getting redone with an entertainment plaza (sort of like the P&L district) and still some parking.
Other side of University? Grass lot area? because otherwise that is the intramural area that is getting totally redone.

Land Shark

Apr 6, 2006
There will be parking in the middle of those fields plus I believe expanded lot behind them towards the golf course.
Other side of University? Grass lot area? because otherwise that is the intramural area that is getting totally redone.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
There will be parking in the middle of those fields plus I believe expanded lot behind them towards the golf course.
I was assuming they were talking about something new though, those are already in the plan/works.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
Can you change his name? There is another poster who is a decent poster that this dork tweaked his name and now ticks people off on the good guy.
Yeah I noticed that, there is another one with an almost identical name that has been around a long time, and a lot of posts, that is not this same D bag.

• Agree
Reactions: BCClone

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Would it be a volleyball only facility?

Not a chance. AD does great on football, MBB and WBB but I think only really cares about men's cross country among the non-revenue sports. And maybe with our budget that needs to be the way but sad for me as I follow a number of the minor sports. Feels like volleyball is a little bit of a fading star compared to, say, five years ago. :(

• Disagree
Reactions: VeloClone

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
Not a chance. AD does great on football and MBB...

Fixed that for you. This board likes to pat itself on the back because our WBB attendance isn't dog crap like it is at most schools, but our WBB program doesn't turn a profit. Even UConn loses money on WBB.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Fixed that for you. This board likes to pat itself on the back because our WBB attendance isn't dog crap like it is at most schools, but our WBB program doesn't turn a profit. Even UConn loses money on WBB.
Turning a profit is the primary metric of the AD doing great in non-revenue sports? Like you said, even UConn loses money. Is UConn AD not doing great at WBB?

JP’s best attribute is stability imo. We needed someone to go long on ISU athletics. He’s done that.

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY and CySmitty

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
Turning a profit is the primary metric of the AD doing great in non-revenue sports? Like you said, even UConn loses money. Is UConn AD not doing great at WBB?

JP’s best attribute is stability imo. We needed someone to go long on ISU athletics. He’s done that.

I'm just saying that for something to be a big announcement in it needs to be about one of the two revenue programs. The other programs don't really matter here, nor do they really matter anywhere else either.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
I'm just saying that for something to be a big announcement in it needs to be about one of the two revenue programs. The other programs don't really matter here, nor do they really matter anywhere else either.
Right, no one thought it would be about WBB though.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron