Pollard: big announcement coming soon

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Its obvious guys, he said we'll be happy with it depending on the outcome of the game. He put the entire athletic budget on the good guys to cover tomorrow. Probably got a tip from the UNI1ISU2 poster.
You win the thread. I would suggest one minor change... and to your last word... a change to ‘poser’.

• Winner
  • Agree
Reactions: JP4CY and 2speedy1

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
Would it be a volleyball only facility?
I believe he said Wednesday that next week the announcement would be about the 10 year plan, for "Facilities" so it could be multiple facilities and multiple upgrades over several phases.

CompCy

Apr 7, 2006
Ames
I believe he said Wednesday that next week the announcement would be about the 10 year plan, for "Facilities" so it could be multiple facilities and multiple upgrades over several phases.

20/20 Vision - the Future of the Athletics Department.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
How will a convention center there work? Everyone says they will never build a parking ramp in the area because of tail gating etc. But you would have to have a substantial parking ramp for a hotel and convention center in that area, considering some of those events will be held on the same dates of athletic events in Hilton and JTS that need all that parking. I believe it can be done but it may change some significant parking areas around Iowa State Center.
Everyone says that?
What’s prohibitive about a parking garage and tailgating? A parking garage doesn’t need to add much to the footprint of the convention center/hotel. In fact, it’s probably advisable given the flood risk.

The comment about the outcome of the game makes me think this is just salesmanship by JP. Something schedule related is my guess

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Everyone says that?
What’s prohibitive about a parking garage and tailgating? A parking garage doesn’t need to add much to the footprint of the convention center/hotel. In fact, it’s probably advisable given the flood risk.
Yeah, i actually would say that a parking garage would be a good thing around there.

Not everyone who comes to the games wants to tailgate. Plenty of people might be content to have a place they can show up to an hour before kickoff instead of having to struggle to find a spot when they show up late.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
Everyone says that?

The comment about the outcome of the game makes me think this is just salesmanship by JP. Something schedule related is my guess
Im just saying everyone flipped out in a post a few months ago about the possibility of changing one of the lots to a parking garage to expand parking, but still leaving the majority of the area for tailgating. Some don't tailgate in their spot but go to another etc.
But like I posted before, and in the video of the interview I posted. Pollard said on Wednesday they would be releasing the 10 year plan for athletic facilities upgrades NEXT WEEK.
I would guess this is most likely to do with that.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
Yeah, i actually would say that a parking garage would be a good thing around there.

Not everyone who comes to the games wants to tailgate. Plenty of people might be content to have a place they can show up to an hour before kickoff instead of having to struggle to find a spot when they show up late.
To be fair I said that in another post and people flipped out about it, thats why I said that.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Im just saying everyone flipped out in a post a few months ago about the possibility of changing one of the lots to a parking garage to expand parking, but still leaving the majority of the area for tailgating. Some don't tailgate in their spot but go to another etc.
But like I posted before, and in the video of the interview I posted. Pollard said on Wednesday they would be releasing the 10 year plan for athletic facilities upgrades NEXT WEEK.
I would guess this is most likely to do with that.
And I’m saying everyone didn’t flip out. It makes a lot of sense.

But that’s not what’s being discussed. There’s not much parking between Hilton and CY Stevens. Adding a garage there under a hotel with Scheman expanded to Hilton space wouldn’t be changing an existing lot into a garage

This also doesn’t fit with the joke about the approval depending on the game. Could CyHawk be replaced with CyHusk? I hope so

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
Guest picker is a musician and if we win they are doing a concert in JTS after the game.

Right on so far, just waiting for Church say “I’m picking the cyclones and if/when they win I’m doing a concert on the field right after the game.”

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
And I’m saying everyone didn’t flip out. It makes a lot of sense.

But that’s not what’s being discussed. There’s not much parking between Hilton and CY Stevens. Adding a garage there under a hotel with Scheman expanded to Hilton space wouldn’t be changing an existing lot into a garage

This also doesn’t fit with the joke about the approval depending on the game. Could CyHawk be replaced with CyHusk? I hope so
Maybe I missed where it said the approval was dependent on the game. I never heard that. I guess my feeling is still it has nothing to do a convention center, unless that is part of the overall facility plan he is going to announce next week, that he talked about in his weekly interview with Walters.

Edit: could very well be part of the overall facility plan.

Last edited:

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
Right on so far, just waiting for Church say “I’m picking the cyclones and if/when they win I’m doing a concert on the field right after the game.”
Gonna be a short concert if he waits till after the game, he has to be back in Green Bay for his show at 8.