Quit hating Kirk H.

ILiftWithRoyce

Feb 6, 2012
Ankeny
I like Herbstreit. He made himself an easy target for ISU fans though, not by tweeting in the first place, but by replying to multiple tweets doubling down that MC was headed out the door. It was the twitter equivalent of table topping someone (funny) and then proceeding to push their face into the dirt and hold it for several seconds (super douchy). So he deserves to be trolled

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
I like Herbstreit. He made himself an easy target for ISU fans though, not by tweeting in the first place, but by replying to multiple tweets doubling down that MC was headed out the door. It was the twitter equivalent of table topping someone (funny) and then proceeding to push their face into the dirt and hold it for several seconds (super douchy). So he deserves to be trolled

I agree, I like him on the show, but he hasn't done anything to make Iowa State fan's like him.

This year was no help with pushing for 'Cuse GameDay this week on last week's broadcast, and then trying to win favor with the fanbase while still throwing shade that it's only because of the buyout.

Well the buyout might also be so high because of factors such as he loves the environment he is in. It's an easy way to keep people from inquiring in the first place who thinks any coach just wants the hell out of Ames.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
In all fairness why would he not predict that. Hot young coach. Every other single hot young coach we get leaves. Hoiberg, Sanderson, Floyd, Chizik (Granted that was ok). I actually thought Campbell would leave also. I like KH. Think he does a good job. I think people are a little thin skinned. I mean he has made comments probably about every university that one person or another disliked. Hope our fans don't boo him or some stupid crap to make them not want to come back and enjoy.

• Agree
Reactions: stateofmind

isukendall

Nov 30, 2006
Fort Collins, CO
In all fairness why would he not predict that. Hot young coach. Every other single hot young coach we get leaves. Hoiberg, Sanderson, Floyd, Chizik (Granted that was ok). I actually thought Campbell would leave also. I like KH. Think he does a good job. I think people are a little thin skinned. I mean he has made comments probably about every university that one person or another disliked. Hope our fans don't boo him or some stupid crap to make them not want to come back and enjoy.
I hope...
-they boo KH
-ISU destroys Iowa
-ISU turns into a national powerhouse, and when they realize the tailgating is top notch AND has a killer fan base AND a great football team, GameDay more or less has to keep coming back to Ames
-rinse and repeat

Who says you can't have it all?

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
It may have happened, but I can very rarely remember national media telling Power 5 ADs to go after another Power 5 coach. (James Franklin at Vanderbilt is the only one that comes to mind).
Group of 6, or lower, yes, this happens all the time. But not Power 5.

Plus, he doubled down when local media questioned the tweet, basically saying enjoy the season, CMC is already gone.

They do it every time there is a great coach sitting at a program that doesn't have any history. It just so happens that places like ISU such as Rutgers, WSU, and Oregon St. don't get coaches like that very often. When they do, the media assumes that guys like Schiano, Campbell and Leach will leave. It happens. My point is to get over it. Admittedly I defend Herbstreit because I feel he's one of the very few in CFB media who isn't building a brand off incendiary takes and pandering.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
It may have happened, but I can very rarely remember national media telling Power 5 ADs to go after another Power 5 coach. (James Franklin at Vanderbilt is the only one that comes to mind).
Group of 6, or lower, yes, this happens all the time. But not Power 5.

Plus, he doubled down when local media questioned the tweet, basically saying enjoy the season, CMC is already gone.
This was the kicker. He backed up what he said with a condescending pat on the head as he sent us to bed.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron