Who will be the guest picker?

JRE1975

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 12, 2006
Lakewood Ranch, FL
Problem is a lot of ISU alums are well known to us, but not to the rest of the country, which ESPN would want, a nationally known person.

The only alum or past football person of interest to ESPN would be Fred or Johnny Majors, otherwise we will get some random celebrity that is affiliated with some show ABC is promoting for the next TV season.

• Winner
Reactions: Daserop

CyState85

May 8, 2019
I like Costner as well—-30 years since Field of Dreams was released, the baseball game announced for next year, and the two Iowa teams. Obviously he better pick ISU to win or else it’ll be his worst decision since making Waterworld. A great chance to showcase our state

CRcyclone6

Bookie
Dec 27, 2007
Cedar Rapids
I didn't read the thread. but why not have Eric Heft do the picking? Been around the program forever and has seen everything.

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
How about someone who will trigger all the Hok fans? I'm thinking Jamie Pollard himself.

I know it ain't happening, but could you imagine local internet celebrity CyTwins? Hoks would be b**ching about that all the way to their death beds. Kujawa would probably end up at a mental hospital.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
Is the guest picker something they "announce"? And if so, when?

Brandon

Feb 6, 2014
How about someone who will trigger all the Hok fans? I'm thinking Jamie Pollard himself.

I know it ain't happening, but could you imagine local internet celebrity CyTwins? Hoks would be b**ching about that all the way to their death beds. Kujawa would probably end up at a mental hospital.

Kujawa belongs in a mental hospital!

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I like Costner as well—-30 years since Field of Dreams was released, the baseball game announced for next year, and the two Iowa teams. Obviously he better pick ISU to win or else it’ll be his worst decision since making Waterworld. A great chance to showcase our state

Fact of the matter is Iowa is known for its farming and corn, and The Field of Dreams fully embraced that and the result was an iconic movie.

I think Costner's even been back a few times for special nights at the movie set so he'd probably be just fine.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
"star" in the NBA? I'll get booed for it but he's hardly a star in nba.

can you explain this? is he a KU alum or something. or do they think he gives us too much love?

They think he gives us too much love i.e. doesn't polish KU's knob like the rest of the media.

They lost their **** after his call of Burton's big 3 during our last win in AFH

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
I'm not wild about Costner but it does make good sense and is plausible for the reasons you mention. I also think he'd take the hint and picks the good guys.

But I'd rather it come out that Steve Austin is a legit ISU fan and goes all Stone Cold all over Game Day, that would be more fun. Oh well...

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
You are equally nuts if you think JP makes viewing decisions for ESPN.

My guess, the picker has no ties to ISU- hope I am wrong. (unless it is Fran F.)

If they are bringing in someone to represent ISU, as a guest of ISU, they will absolutely run it by the AD. It protects both their brands and there is too much money in these businesses to not do your background work.

Help Support Us

Become a patron