College Gameday in Ames?

istater7

Mar 31, 2010
I will be surprised if the guest picker is someone with a connection to ISU. ESPN might even choose someone without a connection to the state.

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

F5cy

May 1, 2011
Washington, D.C.
Georges is just about the only person who I trust to be Cyclone through and through. There are some former players like Sage too, but idk how famous they need to be?

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
Having a sister in law that actually works for ESPN... the location of Gameday isn't some sort of corporate secret that ESPN keeps in the dark about anything. There's an advanced crew that is assigned to working through various potential Gameday locations.

Additionally, that company is incredibly segmented and not just 6 dudes sitting around in a room high-fiving each other. People who would likely need to know the location after the two or three people that handle advanced planning options would be those involved with the planning of the TV side of things from the handful of traveling crew to the hosts to the people who work directly with the hosts to make accommodations. There are vast amounts of ESPN employees who wouldn't know, and for that matter wouldn't care, where Gameday is before anything was announced including numerous high level execs. Its a corporation not a frat party.

Is Gameday something really cool for our school? Yes.
Does it have a value to Iowa State as it relates to perception and marketing? Yes.
Is it just another Saturday in a long list of Saturdays for almost everyone at ESPN? Yes.

Consider it on par to bumping your chest around about January bowl games. Neat and relevant for your personal school of choice. But to think anyone, aside from those invested in your personal school of choice, actually cares enough to have some sort of corporate secret Illuminati where some ex employee actually has access to the 3 or 4 staff that have that far out involvement with the show... its all smoke and mirrors from anyone who says otherwise.

Cool story dude. I bet you're a great time at parties

uthaman

Oct 18, 2006
Des Moines
I would guess Jason Momoa as a guest picker just since he went to high school in Iowa and is a big name. But his movies aren’t Disney movies so I don’t know...

Reactions: BoxsterCy

Isualum13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2018
If it wasnt for his incident a few years back I would see them taking Chris Soules.

But a google search of notable isu alumni brought up retired NASA astronaut Clayton Anderson, maybe that would a good choice.

I do think Niang would be best however.

• Agree
Reactions: clonedude

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI

OK6W_koKDTOqqqLDbIoPAghd3cJw-0VBjObe0MjgNeY

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
Where are our know it alls at? They can ask their sources for the answer!

Goclones1727

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Randy revealed his source by essentially thanking him in his very next tweet

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
A couple years ago, the Iowa Nice guy would've probably been the choice. I could see them doing something like Kim Reynolds or someone "neutral" (even though she is an alumn of ISU).

Best answer is Niang though

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Georges is just about the only person who I trust to be Cyclone through and through. There are some former players like Sage too, but idk how famous they need to be?

Is Seneca famous enough? I mean he is to ISU fans but I don't know nationally. Thry could always spend 5 minutes highlighting "the run".

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron