Who was the best RB today?

StLouisClone

Apr 16, 2006
St. Louis
Small sample size but I dont get all of the Hall comparisons to DM. Hall looked pretty explosive but he didn't try to twist away from the defender like DM does at the end of just about every carry. DM gives 110% on every run. I didn't see that today with Hall. Maybe he was told to keep it more vanilla by the coaches (until he gets his feet wet).

I am guessing the coaches are leaning towards a redshirt year for J. Brock.

• Disagree
Reactions: AgronoCy

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
I wish Hall was half a step quicker, or Lang or Kene were able to break one more tackle.

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
Hall did a good job but needs to break those one on one tackles in the open field. I don't know why we didn't use him in the passing game. I thought he also looked good in pass protection for a freshman.

Croney and Lang were ok other than Croney almost costing us the game with a fumble.

Kene is always great at getting to the outside.

I was not impressed with the o-line, shocker, but the RB's did a nice job finding the holes when they were there.

• Agree
Reactions: cycloneworld

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
What a bright spot.

Lang, followed by Kene as a change of pace , but Hall as #2. Lang was quick to the hole and Kene’s speed to the outside a perk. Hall looks like an every down back.

If we’re not going to stretch the field, hopefully we see two back sets.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Combine Lang and Croneys carries today with one RB, it would have been a 116 yard day and everyone would be talking about the great day our RB had.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
In the long run it will be Hall. For the next few game it will be a committee and go with who is hot.

Hall's stuff looked like his talent was making it happen and when he gets the seems and timing down he could be a special one.

All RBs are good and tough runners.

Reactions: Aclone

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Combine Lang and Croneys carries today with one RB, it would have been a 116 yard day and everyone would be talking about the great day our RB had.

And improvement of the Oline since hall got rolling a bit.

CF_Cyclone

Mar 31, 2006
Cedar Falls, IA
Hall will be the best bet in the long run. One thing that we will miss that Montgomery gave us is his blocking ability, to give the qb that extra time to pass, and with Hall's size I think he has the best chance to be able to be sucessful in our offense. He did ok, but still needs improvement in picking up the pass rushers, which I am sure he will.

browns4cy

Sep 3, 2014
Deshaunte jones was the best running back. It is essentially what he was was another back. Opened up alot of creases

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
To be fair to all of them, nobody was able to get a lot of touches and truly get into a rhythm. About every running back I've ever heard in an interview say that repetition helps as much as anything.

I liked seeing all four in a game like this, but I'm not sure they figured a lot out.

• Agree
Reactions: JD4560

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Hall needs to keep his feet chopping. He does that and develops a little attitude he will be the man.

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
I thought Kene changed the offense when he came in , but then he quickly got hurt. I thought Croney was huge down the stretch. Hall and Lang both were solid but neither appeared to get many extra yards beyond how the play was blocked.

I think the staff planned on using Lang and Hall primarily, but I thought Kene and Croney played well enough to make the staff reevaluate who gets the carries in two weeks.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
I thought Kene changed the offense when he came in , but then he quickly got hurt. I thought Croney was huge down the stretch. Hall and Lang both were solid but neither appeared to get many extra yards beyond how the play was blocked.

I think the staff planned on using Lang and Hall primarily, but I thought Kene and Croney played well enough to make the staff reevaluate who gets the carries in two weeks.

Wasn’t it Lang that was the play where he kept moving forward for like an extra 5 or 6 yards of defenders trying to drag him down? I swore it was him and not Croney.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron