I like the SI predictions!

benman82

Nov 17, 2009
Was there for the KU game. There was something oddly fun about that game. The KU players literally didn't want to be there, but I think that had as much to do with them having nothing to play for as it did that they weren't used to the cold.

Kansas trounced West Virginia the week before us to snap a 27 game big 12 losing streak. Their 2nd big 12 win in 40 games. Can't blame them for not caring about a cold and meaningless game after getting a win like that!

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Also, of note in there, more Nebraska hype. God, I shouldn't care but I know will not be able to prevent myself looking every Saturday praying to god they crap the bed.

I can't follow how Adrian Martinez and a 4-8 team equals Heisman candidate on most lists. His #s aren't that different than Purdy's. 300 more yards rushing and and 30 points lower passer rating.

I'd get it if he played at a team that was top 10 last year and expected to still be there. Purdy would be a frontrunner in that situation as well.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Also, of note in there, more Nebraska hype. God, I shouldn't care but I know will not be able to prevent myself looking every Saturday praying to god they crap the bed.

Nah, Nebraska winning the B1G West with the way they operate would be funny and be a problem for all the B1G fans that scream about defense.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
I've been saying the same thing.. A major item that sticks out to me is the fact that we play both TCU and Baylor at the beginning of the conference season. Both of those teams, in my opinion, are going to get a ton better by the end of the year. Texas plays at both TCU and Baylor towards the end of the season, and both of those teams are going to be chomping at the bit to get an upset.

If we take care of business early against the front half of our schedule, that Texas game could very well be the game to go to the Big 12 title game.. again. But this time, it's in Ames on a cold night in November.

Unfortunately, even with the great "vampire killing" k-star game last year, I have a feeling final weekend, us vs the purple kitties will be our ticket to the championship....and we know how that darn series has felt!

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Unfortunately, even with the great "vampire killing" k-star game last year, I have a feeling final weekend, us vs the purple kitties will be our ticket to the championship....and we know how that darn series has felt!
Not to mention ISU's performance in games deciding a championship game berth.

I know, I know Campbell wasn't the coach of those teams...

Help Support Us

Become a patron